Price Drops

LizBear12

If you booked early saver, what cruise-crazy said is correct. You have price protection up until 2 days before sailing. Any other rate code and you are SOL after your official final payment due date

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Depends on how you booked. There is no easy answer. When they created Early Saver they left a loophole. So most rates can get a price reduction before final payment. Because you could cancel and rebook with the new rate. You should read the fine print, because rates like Super Saver you're done once you book.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

Is early saver a paid thing? Or does it just happen when you book from a certain point?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

early saver is a rate that you book , like past guest, resident , etc.

For a cruise of 6 days or longer you must book at least 5 months before the cruise sails.

For cruises shorter than 6 days you book at least 3 months before the cruise sails.

Bill

I booked originally a 1A room on 2/10 /14 for a 7 day on the magic departing on 9/28.

For business I had to rescheduled to a 1A room on 7/14/14 for a 7 day on the magic

departing on 10/19.

I was told this would not qualify as an early saver.

the case but when I see the price go down is there any basis for applying

for an OBC? or some type of rate reduction.

Please advise ......

Thanks in advance :cool:

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

I booked originally a 1A room on 2/10 /14 for a 7 day on the magic departing on 9/28.

For business I had to rescheduled to a 1A room on 7/14/14 for a 7 day on the magic

departing on 10/19.

I was told this would not qualify as an early saver.

the case but when I see the price go down is there any basis for applying

for an OBC? or some type of rate reduction.

Please advise ......

Thanks in advance :cool:

JT

So you're outside the early saver window. And you booked the lowest cabin category. Have you price matched or checked the fareviewer? Not sure why you should get a reduction.

so tonight I too was looking at our cruise dream b2b sailing beginning on 8/24/14 I had booked a 4j interior after final payment. but I am continuously seeing the rates drop so tonight I figured..awww why not call so I did.. of course I did not get OBC because I was not early saver.. but I did walk away with a beautiful ocean view spa cabin... for only a $12.07 difference.... for both weeks. :) im happy.. as that is the cabin I had really wanted anyway.. :) so if you really want to try just give them a call maybe you will find its an awesome day :)

Good luck and I would be happy with a "broom" closet on a cruise ship...

signed.. Cheryl Broome

Is there any way to do a price drop online or does it require a call? Have 5 rooms booked for Christmas. All booked the same day but 3 under military discount, 1 under previous cruiser and 1 as a regular early saver fare. With 3 different rates I'm confused about checking for the price drop. Feel like I just need to call and bug our agent once a week to check! Lol!

Is there any way to do a price drop online or does it require a call? Have 5 rooms booked for Christmas. All booked the same day but 3 under military discount, 1 under previous cruiser and 1 as a regular early saver fare. With 3 different rates I'm confused about checking for the price drop. Feel like I just need to call and bug our agent once a week to check! Lol!

You need to contact whomever you booked with. If it's a TA you need to deal with them. Carnival won't talk to you. If you booked Early Saver through Carnival you can use the form.

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

If it's before final payment you will get a reduction. After final payment you get OBC

Or a cabin upgrade. I did just this last week. Had booked an interior on riviera for the breeze for 9/27 and the price had dropped nearly $200 in the couple months since. We asked what we could get to make up for the huge price drop and after a little checking, we got upgraded to a cove balcony for no additional cost. I guess we could have gotten obc if we wanted that instead but honestly I'm happy with the upgrade. I said we're going all out for this so might as well cruise in style. However you yourself have to be vigilant and check that stuff, carnival probably isn't too keen on adjusting stuff unless people ask for it.

so tonight I too was looking at our cruise dream b2b sailing beginning on 8/24/14 I had booked a 4j interior after final payment. but I am continuously seeing the rates drop so tonight I figured..awww why not call so I did.. of course I did not get OBC because I was not early saver.. but I did walk away with a beautiful ocean view spa cabin... for only a $12.07 difference.... for both weeks. :) im happy.. as that is the cabin I had really wanted anyway.. :) so if you really want to try just give them a call maybe you will find its an awesome day :)

Good luck and I would be happy with a "broom" closet on a cruise ship...

signed.. Cheryl Broome

Yeah I think you can get lucky and get at least a one category upgrade even if you're already all paid off but the price drops a lot. I've never done early saver as I've found out better deals can almost always be had close in to sail date and I can be more flexible with when I plan vacations. But they still took care of us this time. The price difference really wasn't that much between what they wanted for a balcony and what we originally paid anyway. I also believe the 9/27 breeze sailing isn't sold out either so I bet they have a bunch of balcony cabins unsold at this time. It might also have something to do with inventory available at the time. They probably figure they keep their frequent cruisers happy with the solution they came up with for us and they don't have to scramble to do mega upsell calls to everyone on the ship before sailing to fill their balconies. Having a good pvp also seems to help with this kind of thing. He made it happen easily whereas I'm sorry, a lot of ta probably wouldn't have. Then again maybe I'm just bitter that a terrible ta completely screwed up a recent land vacation I was planning on taking last month lol.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ