Celebrity Refection bloody Ceasar cocktails?

Baby basil

Glass is rimmed with salt & celery salt, ingrediants are Clamato juice, 1 Oz vodka, 10 drops Worchestershire, 2 drops Tobasco, celery stalk as a stir stick. Latest thing is to suspend over the glass on a toothpick a slice of salami folded around a pickle and piece of cheddar cheese. Proof that winters are long and boring in Canada and we need to find ways to amuse ourselves in the curling rink bar...

Sounds "interesting" to say the least :eek: Down here in Mississippi you can still get some real live old fashion moonshine from the local "dealer" :D In fact the remains of my grandfathers still is not to far from my house. My mother told me he used to hide it in a special place in his car so grandma could not find it. Mom learned to drive very young, as she was always driving grandpa home when he got to drinking with his buddies. :rolleyes:

Glass is rimmed with salt & celery salt, ingrediants are Clamato juice, 1 Oz vodka, 10 drops Worchestershire, 2 drops Tobasco, celery stalk as a stir stick. Latest thing is to suspend over the glass on a toothpick a slice of salami folded around a pickle and piece of cheddar cheese. Proof that winters are long and boring in Canada and we need to find ways to amuse ourselves in the curling rink bar...

You forgot the lemon juice :cool:. Classic Ceaser always includes a squirt of lemon juice. If you haven't tried it you might want to give it a whirl.

Take your own rimmer though!! On the ship they use some standard stuff. I buy Matt & Steve's to bring on board as it is in a easy packing tin and then leave it with my favourite bartender. I can get it at my local grocery store or at London Drugsl

http://mattandsteve.com/Canada-C10.aspx

Edited by Christine Frances

You forgot the lemon juice :cool:. Classic Ceaser always includes a squirt of lemon juice. If you haven't tried it you might want to give it a whirl.

No lemon juice in a Caesar. I bartended for years in Calgary (where the Caesar was created). Lemon juice was reserved for Bloody Mary's. :)

No lemon juice in a Caesar. I bartended for years in Calgary (where the Caesar was created). Lemon juice was reserved for Bloody Mary's. :)

Thankyou Janine, I didn't think lemon was in there anywhere. Maybe lime to adhere the rimmer...

I've never lived in Canada, but Bloody Caesars are pretty common down here in the States too. Maybe it's more "rigid" up there, but in my experience a Bloody Caesar is a Bloody Mary except with clamato juice instead of tomato juice - and has just as many variations.

I guess there are variations as I also bartended in Toronto and then in Quebec. We always put a squirt of lemon and then garnished with a lime wedge. People raved about how good my Ceasars were.

Glad to hear they stock Clamato on the ships. Never thought of asking for it on my first Celebrity cruise.

Can't speak for the reflection, but it was on the eclipse 2 weeks ago. Went to cellar masters for a Bloody Mary and was asked by the sommelier whether I'd tried a blood Caesar... I hadn't so he brought me one along with my Bloody Mary in case I didn't like it... The joys of the premium drinks package... It's nice but still prefer the Bloody Mary I have to admit.