Stores In Old San Juan with Authentic Merchandise

MarieF4861

Last time I was in Old San Juan, a friend took me to a store that sold only merchandise that was made in Puerto Rico. I would love to find that store again, but do not remember the name or location. It had art, Christmas ornaments and miscellaneous hand-made items. Is anyone familiar with it?

Last time I was in Old San Juan, a friend took me to a store that sold only merchandise that was made in Puerto Rico. I would love to find that store again, but do not remember the name or location. It had art, Christmas ornaments and miscellaneous hand-made items. Is anyone familiar with it?

Puerto Rican Arts on Forteleza. I love that shop!

It's actually Puerto Rican Arts and Crafts. I have been shopping there off and on for 20 years. Just last year I fell in love with a certain Saint and I actually contacted them to see if they had her. Not only did they have one, they had about 6 by different santeros. They sent me pictures on line and I was able to pick one. They shipped it to me. She is a perfect addition to my collection. HIGHLY recommend them. You will love that place and not have to go any place else for quality merchandise---including coffees and candies and other edibles! Enjoy!

Puerto Rican Arts on Forteleza. I love that shop!

This sounds like a store my husband and I would love to go to. We try and buy local things that we can us for Christmas decorations on our "travel" tree, or a hand-made Christmas ornament will do also. Is this in the old town? Also can we get a taxi from the pier just to take us to the old town and drop us off so we can wander around on our own and not have to do a tour? Thanks so much for everyone's help.

This sounds like a store my husband and I would love to go to. We try and buy local things that we can us for Christmas decorations on our "travel" tree, or a hand-made Christmas ornament will do also. Is this in the old town? Also can we get a taxi from the pier just to take us to the old town and drop us off so we can wander around on our own and not have to do a tour? Thanks so much for everyone's help.

It would definitely have stuff you'll love. It is in Old San Juan, and it should be easy to find a taxi at the pier to take you into OSJ. It's a wonderful city to wander around in and there are some good published walking tours - check Frommer or Fodors. You can likely arrange to meet the taxi driver who drops you off at a specific time to take you back to the pier. However, if you're docked at the Old San Juan pier, you won't need a taxi. Everything is in walking distance. If you're at the Pan Am Pier you will need the taxi.

Edited by Miss Vickie