Transfers in Venice

DevonianCruiser

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've searched and can't find the most suitable answer. 6 of us are flying into Marco Polo and staying at the Best Western by St Marks Square. What's the best way to transfer? I've read that water taxis are around €110, is that a set price anywhere or is it distance based? Also is that correct.

Or are there any other viable alternatives? Oh and the next day we are cruising on the Jade, best option from hotel?

Many thanks.

There is no better way. The price is fixed and includes 6 of you. There

are less expensive ways--taxi to Piazzale Roma followed by Vaporetto but that will cost almost as much and take twice as long.

Take the water taxi it's worth it. From St. Marks to the port, with 6 I would again take a water taxi. An alternative is the Alilaguna blue line. http://www.alilaguna.it

Edited by Earl Rosebery

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've searched and can't find the most suitable answer. 6 of us are flying into Marco Polo and staying at the Best Western by St Marks Square. What's the best way to transfer? I've read that water taxis are around €110, is that a set price anywhere or is it distance based? Also is that correct.

Or are there any other viable alternatives? Oh and the next day we are cruising on the Jade, best option from hotel?

Many thanks.

hi fellow cruisemate

go to venicelink.com

we have pre booked a private transfer water taxi from airport to hotel Hilton Molino Stucky for 99 euros pre paid for 4 of us-exchange voucher at no 71 box at airport

intend to take alilaguna to port day of cruise

There is no better way. The price is fixed and includes 6 of you. There

are less expensive ways--taxi to Piazzale Roma followed by Vaporetto but that will cost almost as much and take twice as long.

Take the water taxi it's worth it. From St. Marks to the port, with 6 I would again take a water taxi. An alternative is the Alilaguna blue line. http://www.alilaguna.it

Will do thanks :)

hi fellow cruisemate

go to venicelink.com

we have pre booked a private transfer water taxi from airport to hotel Hilton Molino Stucky for 99 euros pre paid for 4 of us-exchange voucher at no 71 box at airport

intend to take alilaguna to port day of cruise

Ah that's great, I'll book that. What's the alilaguna? Are they all over the place? Oh and where's the Jade docked, not even looked into that yet :eek:

Thanks

Ah that's great, I'll book that. What's the alilaguna? Are they all over the place? Oh and where's the Jade docked, not even looked into that yet :eek:

Thanks

alilaguna is public transport water option-fewer stops than vaparetto but runs from airport to st marks in 1 hour 40 mins at 15 euros therefore for 6 of you may as well get water taxi which will take 3o mins

from st marks to cruise port 8 euros per person as shorter journey

as to where ship docked that seems to vary-cruise port can accommodate a lot of ships and pot luck as to how far it is to walk

btw going ahead with meet and greet on Sunday 10 August 11am in le Bistro

alilaguna is public transport water option-fewer stops than vaparetto but runs from airport to st marks in 1 hour 40 mins at 15 euros therefore for 6 of you may as well get water taxi which will take 3o mins

from st marks to cruise port 8 euros per person as shorter journey

as to where ship docked that seems to vary-cruise port can accommodate a lot of ships and pot luck as to how far it is to walk

btw going ahead with meet and greet on Sunday 10 August 11am in le Bistro

Thanks for all that info, will help a lot. Seems quite straight forward. We'll try and make the meet and greet. See if I can get my parents to come too :)

Thanks for all that info, will help a lot. Seems quite straight forward. We'll try and make the meet and greet. See if I can get my parents to come too :)

hope to meet you there-we are pretty recognisable-short woman with long grey hair with greying blond guy with long hair and a limp-usually found in bar city on a night-oops just realised have given you reason to run a mile from us-LOL

We also had six people in a water taxi. Beware that the price is more for six vs. four people. Also, if your hotel is on one of the smaller waterways, you will be charged extra. I think we paid closer to 140 euros for six. I can't remember now. I highly recommend the water taxi. It is the best way to enter Venice.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We too are cruising out of Venice next May. My approach is a little less exotic but significantly more reasonable $$-wise. What I have surfaced is the coach from Marco Polo to Piazzalle Roma (€6PP). We are also staying at the Best Western which is in sight from the coach drop-off (~1-200 meters). Check the link below.

On getting to the cruise terminal, across the drop-off circle is the Venice People Mover which is similar to the trains at Dallas and Chicago (less the €2).

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/...buses_atvo.htm

We too are cruising out of Venice next May. My approach is a little less exotic but significantly more reasonable $$-wise. What I have surfaced is the coach from Marco Polo to Piazzalle Roma (€6PP). We are also staying at the Best Western which is in sight from the coach drop-off (~1-200 meters). Check the link below.

On getting to the cruise terminal, across the drop-off circle is the Venice People Mover which is similar to the trains at Dallas and Chicago (less the €2).

This is exactly what we are doing. Pre cruise we have a hotel within short walking distance from P. Roma. Post cruise, we too are at Best Western Olimpia. It's right there at P. Roma.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is exactly what we are doing. Pre cruise we have a hotel within short walking distance from P. Roma. Post cruise, we too are at Best Western Olimpia. It's right there at P. Roma.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm also staying at the BW Olimpia pre-cruise and this is my plan as well. :D