Just Returned from Breakaway - 7/27 to 8/3 - Ask Away

Babygirl08

I know about the key card to keep the electric on but if you don't does it also affect the AC?

Also, does anyone know how much the fitness classes are like yoga or spin?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How did you feel like crowds were? We are 27,& 25 just came off the carnival splendor and had an amazing cruise. We are considerin the 12 day southern caribbean on the breakaway next winter, but have been hearing some bad things about the crowds. We are also looking at the 10 day eastern on the Gem. Any advice or opinions would be greatly welcomed. Thank You!

I can't speak for the summer months because I don't normally cruise then but I can tell you if you cruise when school is in the ship should not be crowded. If your cruising during school breaks most of the ships get crowded. We sailed the BA twice and are going back in November for our third...

I can't speak for the summer months because I don't normally cruise then but I can tell you if you cruise when school is in the ship should not be crowded. If your cruising during school breaks most of the ships get crowded. We sailed the BA twice and are going back in November for our third...

If you're young and enjoy hanging out drinking by the pool w a lot of people the "crowds" won't bother you. Were in our low 30s and found the pool crowd to be a lot of fun. Essentially it was a week long pool party. Obv that's not for everyone, but we had a blast last week

Regarding this one, why? Why did you want to (because restaurants were disappointing)? What do you mean by they wouldn't let you? There seems to be a big group posting here that believe they absolutely can take off the DSC so I'm curious as to why you were told no.

when we were looking at the bill mid-week, we saw the $12pp/pd and asked about it. they said it was the "service charge" and cannot be removed. MH doesnt like being told what to tip. he likes to tip what he wants to those who deserve it. he asked if it could be changed and was told a flat out "no."

out cabin attended Mario was great but we had less than great experiences in all dining venues (taste, savor, la cucina, and o sheehans). another reason i prefer having the same waiter every night...they are personally earning your service charge and will work to keep it, and then some.

1. Taste, Savor, Garden Cafe, other Grill and Cafe on Deck 15, and OSheehans (I think)

2. Spa pass includes access to steam, sauna, stone loungers, and thalassotherapy pool. There are peak periods but generally not overly crowded since they limit passes. You can take the spa tour to see if it makes senses for you.

3. Lobster tails still available in buffet.

4. Rooms were ready around 1pm.

6. Behind the scenes tour will be highlighted on daily for more info.

9. Yes Vibe was a great area - away from the hubbub where you can still get your sun and drink on in adults only comfort. :o

1. Which places were open for lunch on the first day?

2. If you bought a spa pass, what did it included? Was it crowded and was

worth the $199?

3. Lobster in the buffet and not in the MDR, is it true?

4. What time can we drop off our carry on bag?

5. Which night is the fireworks? Please recommend a couple of areas

To watch the fireworks?

6. Do you have any information on the "behind the screen" tour? Such as cost

And what areas are tour? DH had knee replacement surgery is there lots of

Steps to climb?

Thanks

Edited by tallycruis3

6. Do you have any information on the "behind the screen" tour? Such as cost

And what areas are tour? DH had knee replacement surgery is there lots of

Steps to climb?

Thanks

I did this on the 7/6 sailing. It was $79. It fills up, they normally do 2 on Saturday, but they opened up a third group which I was in. This was good, cause there were only 6 of us on the tour, when they normally have about 16 I think. it lasts about 2 hours.

You tour the following:

Main Galley

Food storage areas

Cirque Theater / Backstage

Laundry

Trash Processing Area

Bridge

You also get a photo taken in the galley holding a giant whisk. This is included in the cost and is not extra. There are some steps you have to go up and down in the food storage areas. I think that was it for steps, took the crew elevator mostly to get around.

Edited by fligster