Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Verizon now has the Carnival gift card on at least one auction. This means you bid with your points and the $1000 gift card is 100% FREE. The last person to place the highest bid wins, and the bidding can go pretty fast at the end ! Although, the higher the bidding amount is, I would guess there wouldnt be as many people with enough points so it may be slower on the high ticket items like this. The bidding is already up to 251,000 points right now. The auction ends June 19 at 9:30pm.

I don't know if this link will work. You may need to log in to your Verizon acct and then click the link. Or you may just need to find the auction by looking at the list in order by date/time. https://rewards.verizonwireless.com/gateway?t=auctiondetails&auctionid=130704

Unfortunately, I don't have 251,000 points (I only have 115k). How many points do the rest of you have ?

Edit: on shipping times, when I ordered mine, I ordered the $500 cards and the one $100 card all on one order. They came all together in one shipment and I did have to sign for them. They arrived UPS in about 1 week, or maybe a little less.

Edited by angela12345

Verizon now has the Carnival gift card on at least one auction. This means you bid with your points and the $1000 gift card is 100% FREE. The last person to place the highest bid wins, and the bidding can go pretty fast at the end ! Although, the higher the bidding amount is, I would guess there wouldnt be as many people with enough points so it may be slower on the high ticket items like this. The bidding is already up to 251,000 points right now. The auction ends June 19 at 9:30pm.

I don't know if this link will work. You may need to log in to your Verizon acct and then click the link. Or you may just need to find the auction by looking at the list in order by date/time. https://rewards.verizonwireless.com/gateway?t=auctiondetails&auctionid=130704

Unfortunately, I don't have 251,000 points (I only have 115k). How many points do the rest of you have ?

Edit: on shipping times, when I ordered mine, I ordered the $500 cards and the one $100 card all on one order. They came all together in one shipment and I did have to sign for them. They arrived UPS in about 1 week, or maybe a little less.

I now have 47,000 points...

I just calculated and realize that I've used 56,000 to get $5600 in gift cards, which means I've saved $560 :).

Many I bought last year when the gift cards and e-certificates were always listed and very easy to get.

Thanks! That makes me feel a little better. It's been 10 days since they were sent (12 since I ordered them)...maybe there is still hope!

Thanks! I agree...it's odd some are taking so long, wish I had stuck to the $500 ones. Hope yours come soon too!

I bought a total of 6 $100 cards on June 4 and 5. So far, I've received one of those cards. Hoping the rest show up soon, I don't know what AARP can do if they've been mis-delivered.

I called and they opened up a ticket for the one I ordered on the 4th and the ones on 12th. Lady said I will get a call from some other department within 2 to 3 business days. Good thing I have time to fool with this. We don't sail until August. And good I don't need anymore until I start buying them again for next year's trip. I need a break from this!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Well, I got two more cards today, making $300 in cards received. However, according to the order numbers, these cards are the last three I bought on the 12th and 5th. No sign of the 5 cards I bought on the 4th. They're open tomorrow morning, I'm calling.:mad:

I bought a total of 6 $100 cards on June 4 and 5. So far, I've received one of those cards. Hoping the rest show up soon, I don't know what AARP can do if they've been mis-delivered.

They would have a Delivery Conformation number they can give you..the USPS or however they were mailed can track the package. Also with the GPS on the scanners that the USPS uses they can narrow delivery down to the box it was put it, IF you have the number. The sender should be able to supply you this number. My GC 's came by UPS in a brownish envelope about 5X7. If order $500 or more you will have to sign for them. The UPS can also track the package, but the number is a must.

Well, I got two more cards today, making $300 in cards received. However, according to the order numbers, these cards are the last three I bought on the 12th and 5th. No sign of the 5 cards I bought on the 4th. They're open tomorrow morning, I'm calling.:mad:

Did you buy these thru AARP or Verizon??

Did you buy these thru AARP or Verizon??

Volmoma, I got mine from AARP. I talked to them today, they opened a ticket to track them down. I have a month before I need them, hope it's resolved by then.

I hope they find that the cards slipped behind someone's desk and not that one of my neighbors is going to enjoy a cruise courtesy of me.

Edited by WyKnott

I'm seeing a trend on the various gift card threads here. People who bought from both Verizon or AARP on the 4th are not getting their cards. I wonder what happened?

Has anyone who bought gift cards on the 4th received their cards?

I called Verizon this morning because I order $400 on 6/4th and still have not received them. The rep said she would submit a ticket to the card vendor and see if there was a problem with the shipment. She asked that I give it a few more days since the 2 week timeframe ended this past Friday. I will let you know if I hear anything. Hopefully they all went out late for some reason and we will get them soon.

I'm seeing a trend on the various gift card threads here. People who bought from both Verizon or AARP on the 4th are not getting their cards. I wonder what happened?

I ordered mine on the 6/12 and got the $100 one in the mail on Saturday and UPS emailed saying the $500 would be delivered today. If the ones ordered on 6/4 haven't arrived, I'd say there's a problem. :(

I got the 3 I ordered on the 12th in today's mail. Still waiting on that lowly $100 card I ordered on the 4th.:rolleyes:

Check your mail. The one I was waiting for (purchased on June 4) arrived today. So I have all gift cards purchased and can take a break from the chase for a little bit.

I sat down and calculated everything over the weekend. We've got $1100 in onboard credit as of today between price drops, TA and promotional obc, and gift cards, and only paid net $712 for it! We will board quite happy:D

I ordered a Carnival $500 gift card from AARP on the 4th and received it on the 9th I believe but it came UPS.

I order a Hometown Buffet gift card from AARP on the 4th and it has yet to show up and they opened a case for me today.

Strange

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I'm not familiar with the Verizon Wireless gift cards. How often are they made available? I just learned about this and we've got over 125,000 points. I'd love to get in on some of this. Any info or advise would be helpful!

It looks like the $100 cards are being loaded to become available again right now. You can add to cart now. Once you get to the cart it will say "Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue check out"

This is because they are being loaded into the system right now. Keep refreshing your cart every so often until that sold out message goes away. Then you may complete your purchase. Sometimes that may be minutes, or sometimes a couple hours.

Typically they are available for Verizon and AARP at the same time. The same company handles the servicing for both of them.

Read this post for pretty much everything I know about these gift cards ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=528

Edited by angela12345