Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Still available as of 9:03...

For those of you who purchase these, do you usually use them for onboard purchases or apply them to your cruise booking or what? I'm just curious the easiest/best way to use them. Seems like a lot of trouble for 10%, but I guess it all adds up.

Thanks!

Still available as of 9:03...

For those of you who purchase these, do you usually use them for onboard purchases or apply them to your cruise booking or what? I'm just curious the easiest/best way to use them. Seems like a lot of trouble for 10%, but I guess it all adds up.

Thanks!

Just picked up some about 9:15am ET.

You can use them either way. I have been using them to pay down cruise balances, but also have some that I will take with me and apply to my S&S account.

:)

I'm on the West coast and was FINALLY able to snag some $100 gift cards this morning around 6:34am Pacific time..........4 from AARP and 5 from Verizon......in the recent past, they offer $500 gift cards within a week of the $100 cards being released.....

Edited by LibratPDX

Picked up 2 more..so far saved $100 on my vista cruise in November of next year!!! Not a ton of savings but there haven't been any price drops on that cruise, nor are any more of my FH Cove rooms sill available so definitely the only way to get a discount.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a question on the C Gift Cards thru Verizon. I understand how they/it works, but I picked up $500 from AARP and $500 from Verizon tonight. Verizon now let's you by only 5 at one time. Is this in a 24 hr period?? I tried at 12:15 am and still tells me I've purchased my limit. I bought them on the 19th, it's now the 20th.. Can anyone explain the new way it's being done?? Last time I bought they wasn't a limit. Thanks in advance.

Have a question on the C Gift Cards thru Verizon. I understand how they/it works, but I picked up $500 from AARP and $500 from Verizon tonight. Verizon now let's you by only 5 at one time. Is this in a 24 hr period?? I tried at 12:15 am and still tells me I've purchased my limit. I bought them on the 19th, it's now the 20th.. Can anyone explain the new way it's being done?? Last time I bought they wasn't a limit. Thanks in advance.

Yea it is a 24 hour period, your clock starts when you purchase them, so if you bought at 7PM tonight you can not buy anymore till 7PM tomorrow night, 5 is the limit they set............

We are with Verizon, but have never "registered" for the rewards program. Our account shows that we are eligible to join and we have already accumulated a nice chunk of points.

How many points does it take to purchase a $100 gift card?

1000 points per $100 gift card, but you still have to pay $90 per $100 gift card. I just checked and both the $100 and $500 gift cards are sold out.

Edited by Cruisin' Broad

1000 points per $100 gift card' date=' but you still have to pay $90 per $100 gift card. I just checked and both the $100 and $500 gift cards are sold out.[/quote']

You confused me with having to pay $90 for a $100 gift card. Do I have to lay out some cash as well or does it use points only?

Drats, figured that. It's OK, I'll catch it next go round. ;)

You confused me with having to pay $90 for a $100 gift card. Do I have to lay out some cash as well or does it use points only?

Drats, figured that. It's OK, I'll catch it next go round. ;)

Yes, you have to lay out some cash as well as use some points. For a $100 gift card, you pay $90 and use 1000 points, plus you have to pay for shipping. If you were to order five $100 gift cards, you'd pay $450 and use 5000 points, plus pay for shipping.

Yes' date=' you have to lay out some cash as well as use some points. For a $100 gift card, you pay $90 and use 1000 points, plus you have to pay for shipping. If you were to order five $100 gift cards, you'd pay $450 and use 5000 points, plus pay for shipping.[/quote']

OK gotcha! Thank you!