Pre 8/31 Dover Cruise....Try Royal Albert Hall-BBC Proms

CruiserPK

Those spending time in London before the cruise might want to consider a visit to Royal Albert Hall for the annual "BBC Proms" concert series. There are still tickets available and the venue itself makes it an amazing experience. We won't be in London before the cruise as we live in England (northeast), but I am trying to book my parents for after the cruise as they are flying back to London for a few days.

Less than three weeks to wait! See you all aboard, Pam

Pam - thanks for that suggestion. We will be arriving in London on Monday after the dreaded overnight flight - and will probably be walking around in a daze all day. On Tuesday we have a tour booked out to Stonehenge, as that is something both of us have been fascinated by for many years. On Wednesday we will be transferred over to the ship - so not sure that we will have a chance to do that - but, if we were just in London for 2 days that sounds like a great idea!:) :)

Sorry I cannot respond to you by name as you did not leave it in your posting. The concerts are in the evening at Royal Albert Hall. You can check out their website for further details. We hadthe pleasure of seeing Jose Carreras and the Vienna Choir Boys there last Dec. and the hall itself was worth the evening. I wish we could go to the Proms.....everyone in England raves about them!

Cheers, pam

Archived