Hotel Advice- Port Canaveral

kelkel2

What's a better place to stay pre-cruise?

The Radisson or the Residence Inn?

We are flying in Pre cruise into MCO and will need transportation both to the hotel, to the ship and then back to the airport after the cruise.

Also we would like something with breakfast in the morning. Even if it's just something quick. Doesn't have to be a fancy sit down since the ship will have lunch as soon as we board.

Any advice on either of these hotels would be greatly appreciated!

I know the Radisson offers transportation does anyone know how early their shuttle to the ship starts taking passengers? Can you arrange a spot in well in advance? We like to head to the port around 10:30.

What's a better place to stay pre-cruise?

The Radisson or the Residence Inn?

We are flying in Pre cruise into MCO and will need transportation both to the hotel, to the ship and then back to the airport after the cruise.

Also we would like something with breakfast in the morning. Even if it's just something quick. Doesn't have to be a fancy sit down since the ship will have lunch as soon as we board.

Any advice on either of these hotels would be greatly appreciated!

I know the Radisson offers transportation does anyone know how early their shuttle to the ship starts taking passengers? Can you arrange a spot in well in advance? We like to head to the port around 10:30.

The Residence Inn has a free breakfast.......Radisson does not, but there is a restaurant on site, a family restaurant next door and a McDonald's across the street.

Radisson does offer pickup at the airport......their first shuttles to the port leave at 10:30 (you can book your shuttle time when you reserve your room).

A one way car rental is the most cost efficient to/from the airport.

If you choose the Residence Inn (or the Country Inn & Suites next door-also good) then you may want to pre-book a private shuttle. The three most popular are: Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Executive VIP Limo and Travelynx.

Do NOT hire a taxi from the airport......it will cost you $$$$ because it's about 45 min to an hour away from the port.

We have sailed out of PC many times.....hope this helps....

Edited by GTO-Girl

Raddison offers shuttle service from Orlando airport to the hotel for $33/per person or $50 per couple one way. This info is on their website.

Didn't know that, $50 for two is a good deal.

Yeah that's what I was seeing too...I like the Residence hotel better but the transportation at the Radisson better. I guess for one night I can suck it up it's no big deal. I'm thinking the Radisson is what we will go with because honestly for $50 a couple that's a good deal. Plus I really really don't want to rent a car. I hate renting a car. I love my car and I have such a difficult time learning other cars and I really don't want to learn another car on the interstate in another state. Ugh.

The only trick is getting back from the ship to the airport, I'm assuming it's another $50? That's still not bad!!!

Yeah that's what I was seeing too...I like the Residence hotel better but the transportation at the Radisson better. I guess for one night I can suck it up it's no big deal. I'm thinking the Radisson is what we will go with because honestly for $50 a couple that's a good deal. Plus I really really don't want to rent a car. I hate renting a car. I love my car and I have such a difficult time learning other cars and I really don't want to learn another car on the interstate in another state. Ugh.

The only trick is getting back from the ship to the airport, I'm assuming it's another $50? That's still not bad!!!

I'll say this, that 45 minute drive is one of the easiest drives you'll ever have. Once you exit the airport on to the 528 . . . you literally don't get off this road until you arrive at your hotel. Also having a car can prove to be rather convenient in Florida . . . whether it's going to dinner or hitting Cocoa Beach for a quick swim or picking up a few items.

Just drop it off in the morning and the car rental place will shuttle you to the port. It's truly a very easy process. But I do understand not having to worry about driving as well . . . everybody is different and there is no wrong decision in regards to this.

I'll say this, that 45 minute drive is one of the easiest drives you'll ever have. Once you exit the airport on to the 528 . . . you literally don't get off this road until you arrive at your hotel. Also having a car can prove to be rather convenient in Florida . . . whether it's going to dinner or hitting Cocoa Beach for a quick swim or picking up a few items.

Just drop it off in the morning and the car rental place will shuttle you to the port. It's truly a very easy process. But I do understand not having to worry about driving as well . . . everybody is different and there is no wrong decision in regards to this.

So I looked on the Radisson's site and they don't have a fly sleep cruise deal but they do have a park cruise breakfast deal. Now, we won't have a car so we won't really need the park part but it includes a breakfast buffet for 2 and the cruise shuttle to the port for 2. Not the airport, but that's ok. The good part about that is you can actually schedule your shuttle time in advance and if you don't book this package you can't. You have to book it at check in. It's $40 more than the room. Worth it?

I don't know if the Radisson would pick you up from the ship and take you to the airport since at that time you are no longer a guest there. best to call the hotel directly and find out.

I know that courtyard and comfort inn both have the fly/ snooze/ cruise pckg.

I am paying a about 220.00 at the courtyard for the 2 of us and all transportation is included.

B/fast isn't but that wasn't a deal breaker.

We have reserved a 10:00 a.m. Departure to the port. They use Travelnx as the transportation company.

I don't mean to barge in on your thread but I'm Just curious does dcl offer some sort of post cruise excursion that will take you back to the airport. We wetter on the allure and did a beach/shopping excursion that cost less than a taxi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I don't mean to barge in on your thread but I'm Just curious does dcl offer some sort of post cruise excursion that will take you back to the airport. We wetter on the allure and did a beach/shopping excursion that cost less than a taxi.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

After the cruise? Yes Carnival I'm sure will have a post cruise transportation excursion type deal. That's always an option...

I think we will book the Radisson and then just use either carnival transpiration or a shared shuttle after the cruise. The Radisson looks nice, but it has such mixed reviews. Some say it's wonderful, some say it's a dump. It's under renovation so hopefully it will be better by the time we get there. It's only one night it can't be that bad..

After the cruise? Yes Carnival I'm sure will have a post cruise transportation excursion type deal. That's always an option...

I think we will book the Radisson and then just use either carnival transpiration or a shared shuttle after the cruise. The Radisson looks nice, but it has such mixed reviews. Some say it's wonderful, some say it's a dump. It's under renovation so hopefully it will be better by the time we get there. It's only one night it can't be that bad..

That Radisson is hardly a dump . . . I swear people think every hotel needs to look like a 5 star despite not having a 5 star price or rating. It needed some renovating which it's getting and the pool area has always been nice. The biggest knock on the Radisson is that it doesn't include breakfast but there is a mcdonalds right there so it's not a big deal, plus you can just get to the port early and have no breakfast but a big lunch on the ship.

It will be plenty fine for a pre-cruise stay.

We stayed at the Radisson in March. The front desk was very helpful, the pool area is nice, there is a restaurant there and one next door for dinner, the breakfast was good (extra cost), and the room was fine.

Looking forward to some new reviews from cruisers staying there now and in the future.