WARNING if going to JAMAICA

christhree

My son just returned from Jamaica on Monday...He was in a wedding. Monday he was ill,,,, upset stomach, severe diarreah...ALL 25 who went, were sick. They think it was the water/ice at the hotel...as the only common thing they all ate or drank was water/ice.

He is a chemist, 28 years old, and has worked in Jamaica on their desalination plants...he thinks the water was tainted from the recent hurricane, and they are unaware...and mad at himself for not thinking of it earlier.

Just be careful...bring your own water from the ship, bottled soft drinks, or juice, and really be careful with any drinks you get that use ice for awhile. ;) I think I will be bringing a soft cooler, and drink containers to fill on the ship before departing for any side tours in the future....or just drink Red Stripe, LOL.:D

That's too bad about everyone being sick. We're stopping in Montego Bay on our Aug 21st cruise on the Conquest. We're going to Sunset Beach, and I've actually thought about, and asked on the boards, about the ice/water in the drinks. Everyone said they were fine but I still don't trust them.

Just curious, where is RedStripe brewed?

DDid the Sunset Beach...was not impressed, to be honest...but you'll have fun, and good drinks...We were fine there in May...but remember...they just had a hurricane not too long ago...which could possibly have tainted their water supply.

Red Stripe is Jamaican beer....not knowing exactly where in Jamaica its brewed tho. I understand it is now imported to US...maybe visit a liquor store, and look at the bottle???

Have fun on Conquest...I loved it, and the crew was AWESOME !! Can I sneak in your bag??

Archived