Liberty Deck 2... yea or nah?

RayRay813

My cruise is about 2 weeks and some change away and I'm already planning my NEXT one! Figures right! lol... I'm booking the Liberty for December 2015 and an interior cabin on deck 2 is included in the early saver rate. Usually I book Aft on deck 6 or 7 so I'm unsure of how I will feel if my cabin is all the way down there. :confused:

So my question is has anyone ever booked a stateroom Aft or Midship on deck 2 on this ship? If so, did you like it or wish you were on a higher deck? Was it louder being right under the lobby on deck 3? Was it a hassle getting to and from the public decks? All advice is welcome! :)

My cruise is about 2 weeks and some change away and I'm already planning my NEXT one! Figures right! lol... I'm booking the Liberty for December 2015 and an interior cabin on deck 2 is included in the early saver rate. Usually I book Aft on deck 6 or 7 so I'm unsure of how I will feel if my cabin is all the way down there. :confused:

So my question is has anyone ever booked a stateroom Aft or Midship on deck 2 on this ship? If so, did you like it or wish you were on a higher deck? Was it louder being right under the lobby on deck 3? Was it a hassle getting to and from the public decks? All advice is welcome! :)

We were in an Oceanview room on Riviera deck/deck 1 on the Liberty 5 years ago, the room was just slightly aft of midship. I have had interior rooms on higher decks, and OV and Porthole rooms on lower decks 1 and 2. As far as our experience on the Liberty/Riveria deck which is the lowest deck; it was probably one of the smoothest and most motionless rooms I have had on any cruise, and the seas were a slightly rough one or two evenings.

As for location to the rest of the ship, both main deck and Riviera deck were great for embarking and disembarking in ports of call. Just one or two flights of stairs up or down, rather than waiting for busy elevators. Main deck is only one flight of stairs up to the atrium. Riviera deck was very quiet. My main deck porthole room was way forward and under the theater, so some noise there at night, but not late at night, sorry dont know about main deck rooms further aft. I would not hesitate to book an interior room on a lower deck, but might be a good idea to check out the deck plans to see what is above your room.

definitely yea!

Edited by SMSACE6

We have sailed on the Liberty 4 times. Once on Riviera (Deck 1), Twice on Deck 2 and once on Lido....and other than the proximity to the 'life' of the ship on Lido...being "down there" is perfectly fine. When you are in your cabin, it makes ZERO difference if you are on deck 10 or deck 1...When you are moving around the ship, in our experience, we have had ZERO issue with waiting for an elevator. As someone else said, you are closer for debarkation at ports and closer to the dining areas as well. I say don't worry about it, and book it! :) Happy sailing!

I'll take the Riviera deck ANY day over any other deck. Smoothest, quietest, and best of all, cheapest! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love decks 1 & 2. There is nothing at all wrong with being low on the ship. It's like being on the first floor of a hotel. Although with cruise ships, it's even better, because the rooms on the first 2 floors do still have a nice view out the windows.

As another poster mentioned, if you can handle a couple flights of stairs, you will never need an elevator when the elevators are crazy busy. You will only need them to get up to lido deck, and the crowds are very scattered for making their way up there, so the elevators are rarely busy for that. I see Deck 2 rooms as the most convenient location that you can possibly have with this style of ship.

I would warn you to not get a room below the galley. They work in there at all hours, and some of the rooms below it are noisy. Below the dining rooms is perfect, since it's empty all night long, & the carpeting blocks the noise when it's in use. Below the theater is fine if you go to bed after 11:30 or so. Below the lobby is usually fine at night.

Thanks for all of the advice! :D I am more than comfortable going with the Main or Riviera deck now. Also, I'll be sure to avoid anything under the Galley and Main Show Lounge. I'm going to try to book this trip while I'm on my cruise this month. Doesn't that qualify me for some OBC? Does anyone have an idea of how much I'll get for a 7 day cruise for 2 people?

Thanks for all of the advice! :D I am more than comfortable going with the Main or Riviera deck now. Also, I'll be sure to avoid anything under the Galley and Main Show Lounge. I'm going to try to book this trip while I'm on my cruise this month. Doesn't that qualify me for some OBC? Does anyone have an idea of how much I'll get for a 7 day cruise for 2 people?

I have booked PT cabins on Deck 2 under the lounge. No problems whatsoever with noise.