RCCL Excursions - St Lucia

alb38

While checking out the excursions for ST Lucia this morning on the RCCL website there are only four available for our cruise in November. Can anybody tell me will RCCL add more as the cruise gets closer? I also noticed that the BOB in St Thomas is not showing does this mean it is sold out or what?

Thanks - Andrea

I was in St. Lucia for a week this past February, but not as part of a cruise. I don't know if this particular side trip is offered thru the cruise, but I highly recommend the ATV excursion if it's available.

That is...if you enjoy riding ATV's on off-road terrain.

Castries is a scummy town, I wouldn't recommend roaming around there too much anyway. There are much nicer ports of call to do your shopping.

We had 4 in our van....we went from Castries to Soufries....stopping at places like local banana groves...."peddlers" w/coconuts on the side of the road...tasted 2 types of coconuts...went to a local "bread" type manufacturer...pulled over to watch people wash their clothes in the streams....saw the scenery...saw the boa constrictors...people hold them up by their tails!!! Stuff like that....we also in Soufries...toured the Pitons volcano...and coming back stopped at a lovely flower garden...waterfall...Cosol pays for all of this...you may tip the locals! However, don't tip the banana and coconut people.....we tip better than Cosol did!!! These locals live off of what Cosol and people like him give. Then when it was over we went to a local beach for swimming and such. $40 a person for a PRIVATE TOUR! worth every penny! and of course we tipped. Gone from 8:30 a.m. until almost ship leave time.

St. Lucia is beautiful...probably one of our favorite for the colors and such. If you get carsick, take your bonine....the roads are crooked....matter of fact coming back from Soufries...we all had our separate seats...and it was back and forth...back and forth...think we all fell asleep!!!

Lou

alb38...keep checking the website for excursions. RCCL is still in the process of setting up all their shore excursions and more will be added later. Should be a full roster of activities by the end of August.

Leigh

alb38 .... They'll have more excursions on the site as the time gets closer. If you've never been to St.Lucia, you'll enjoy doing a tour.

Honestly, we've been there many times and are totally tired of all of the excursions offered by cruise lines. :rolleyes:

Acutally, had our BestTimeEver in St. Lucia on a port stop this year in January! Here's what we did:

Review: Reduit Beach "OnOurOwn" (Click Here)

Have fun planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived