Future Cruise Credit Question

Singer4Him

I've heard people mention these and I've even heard it mentioned on our previous cruises but I'm not completely sure what this is. Can someone tell me what it is, what are the benefits and can it be used if you book through a TA?

TIA!

When you book a future cruise while onboard your current cruise, you get an onboard credit toward your Sign & Sail Account on the future cruise. The amount depends on the length of the future cruise you book. Whoever you booked the current cruise with gets credit for the future cruise (TA, PVP, etc.). For more info, look for Loyalty Program on FAQ on Carnival dot com... http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-678102

Edited by forwardcabin

most ships have the "future cruise desk"; so this is where you need to go.

When we did it last year, we knew which ship, sail date, deck, and choice of cabins. We also knew what the current price was for the above. You can either do this the day or two before you board or while onboard at the ship internet computers (does not cost anything).

Amounts are $50 for 1-6 days, $100 for 7-12 (or 13) days, $200 for higher. You will also get two vouchers for the same if you want to give them to friends or family to join you on the cruise. They have 60 days to sign up.

Also, go early in the cruise since the more you wait to the end of the cruise, the busier it will get.

most ships have the "future cruise desk"; so this is where you need to go.

When we did it last year, we knew which ship, sail date, deck, and choice of cabins. We also knew what the current price was for the above. You can either do this the day or two before you board or while onboard at the ship internet computers (does not cost anything).

Amounts are $50 for 1-6 days, $100 for 7-12 (or 13) days, $200 for higher. You will also get two vouchers for the same if you want to give them to friends or family to join you on the cruise. They have 60 days to sign up.

Also, go early in the cruise since the more you wait to the end of the cruise, the busier it will get.

How busy can it get now, with the elimination of the future cruise certificates?

Edited by Disconnections

you would be surprised. On the Freedom last Dec, towards the end of the cruise there were probably 4 parties waiting to talk with the FC rep. And with an average of probably 15-20 minutes per guest party, you can see how this will add up in time.

Is this an appropriate time and place for me to once again wish out loud that Carnival would bring back the FCCs?:( If not, then just pretend that I didn't.:o
...Anywhere and anytime is appropriate. We all have cried loudly about wanting the FCCs back. Many have written to JH on his blog and FB page, and others have sent messages to various Carnival managers, forum moderators, etc. Apparently, of those who purchased them, most must have turned them in for refund or not used them to generate more revenue for Carnival. So the program was killed. If you ever find the right people, be sure to tell them, once again, "Bring back the FCCs!"

...Anywhere and anytime is appropriate. We all have cried loudly about wanting the FCCs back. Many have written to JH on his blog and FB page, and others have sent messages to various Carnival managers, forum moderators, etc. Apparently, of those who purchased them, most must have turned them in for refund or not used them to generate more revenue for Carnival. So the program was killed. If you ever find the right people, be sure to tell them, once again, "Bring back the FCCs!"

[emoji106][emoji120][emoji120][emoji106]

what if you book while on board but need to change your cruise? do you lose the OBC? couldn't find it on the frequently asked questions

It allegedly can be done, but you're wading into a minefield with the different rate codes and promotions. My experience with the people at the desk is that they are less competent than many of the CSRs working for the 800 # and I didn't think that was possible.

We had a similar problem last November since we enjoy cruising with other family members and didn't want to take the risk without speaking to them first. I think to pull it off, you have to book on a refundable rate code like FunSelect.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

So if I sign up for a six day, I'll get $100 OBC to use on that particular cruise. Correct? Is that per person or per cabin? Also, I'll get a voucher for the same thing to give to friends who want to cruise with us. Am I understanding this correctly?

So if I sign up for a six day, I'll get $100 OBC to use on that particular cruise. Correct? Is that per person or per cabin? Also, I'll get a voucher for the same thing to give to friends who want to cruise with us. Am I understanding this correctly?

You will get $100 in OBC per cabin and you'll get small number of vouchers (I think 2) to give to family and friends. They can also take advantage of the OBC offer if they book after you.

You will get $100 in OBC per cabin and you'll get small number of vouchers (I think 2) to give to family and friends. They can also take advantage of the OBC offer if they book after you.

But I will have to book while on board and not through my TA, correct? What about the friends...can they book via a TA and still get the OBC?

Thanks for the info!