Wine on B2b

tootielove2cruise

On our b2b we got off on the turnaround day and took a cab to a market and wine store to pick up some wine and sundry items. No problems.

I've read some posts where people asked if they could bring four bottles on at once because of two cruises. I've never seen a clear answer from experience but my guess would be that the security checkers wouldn't have the latitude to make an exception and the extra bottles would not be allowed if they were even noted at all.

On our b2b we got off on the turnaround day and took a cab to a market and wine store to pick up some wine and sundry items. No problems.

I've read some posts where people asked if they could bring four bottles on at once because of two cruises. I've never seen a clear answer from experience but my guess would be that the security checkers wouldn't have the latitude to make an exception and the extra bottles would not be allowed if they were even noted at all.

I called the Captains club regarding my question.. they in turn called the resolutions desk and were told to have us ask guests services when we first board leg 1.. they indicated that each ship sets its own policy..

they also indicated they didn't think we could do as some have suggested and bring on 2 bottles per leg at the beginning..

So the bottom line is ....we will see..:confused:

Edited by tootielove2cruise

Two bottles on the first cruise, two bottles on the second cruise.

If you try to bring all four on the first cruise, you take a chance that two will be taken from you. Now, you should get them back in time for the second cruise, but it does create a small hassle.

You can just imagine that the terminal staff can't make exceptions for B2B passengers -- everyone would try to claim "We are back to back" :p

I called the Captains club regarding my question.. they in turn called the resolutions desk and were told to have us ask guests services when we first board leg 1..

That is almost funny! If you wait until after you board then it will be too late to bring any on!! You can definitely bring two on the second cruise but I think you'll have to get off the ship and get it on turnaround day rather than bring four on at your initial embarkation.

Edited by Lsimon

Please do not worry. Feel free to bring on your two bottle at cruise one and when you get off the ship and come back to begin your cruise two feel free to bring two more. Do not ask, just do it. It is allowed and fine. The more you ask, the more questions you will get. Enjoy

On our B2B we purchased a wine package and at the end of the cruise had 4 bottles remaining. It was delivered to our stateroom the evening before disembarkation (we also purchased a significantly reduced-price bottle of liquor which was delivered). We remained in the same AQ cabin for the 2nd leg and had 4 bottles to enjoy - granted, at a higher markup than BevMo! would charge... but still, it worked for us. ;)

On our B2B we purchased a wine package and at the end of the cruise had 4 bottles remaining. It was delivered to our stateroom the evening before disembarkation (we also purchased a significantly reduced-price bottle of liquor which was delivered). We remained in the same AQ cabin for the 2nd leg and had 4 bottles to enjoy - granted, at a higher markup than BevMo! would charge... but still, it worked for us. ;)

We too have ordered wine packages on previous cruises..in fact we opted to have the bottles delivered to the stateroom instead of the dining room.. my query was due to the quality of the wine on the wine list.. not the availability or cost of product

So if you order a bottle of liquor from the ship's shop (duty free?) during the first cruise, it will be delivered the last night of the first cruise, so you might enjoy it during the second cruise? Just wondering....

Most of the time, yes. However, there have been a few reports here on Cruise Critic from passengers who said that the liquor store had a list of back-to-back passengers and that they did not receive their liquor until the end of their second cruise.

So if you order a bottle of liquor from the ship's shop (duty free?) during the first cruise, it will be delivered the last night of the first cruise, so you might enjoy it during the second cruise? Just wondering....

Yes, that was our experience on the Back to Back cruises, we have done twice now. In each instance, it was delivered the last evening.