Baggage Labels

Hi, hope this isn't a daft question. With Thomson cost cutting by making you print everything at home, do they no longer provide baggage labels for your cases?

They always have before but need to know as we fly Sat do I need to buy some?

Thanks for your help

Hi, hope this isn't a daft question. With Thomson cost cutting by making you print everything at home, do they no longer provide baggage labels for your cases?

Thanks for your help

You won't get labels at home.

When you board the ship, you will get a colour coded label indicating your departure slot.

Thanks for your help

Do you mean for the flight or joining the ship ?

Not for the flight as far as I recall - the airport check in desk people attach an airline barcoded label around the handle, that is your luggage identification.

As for the ship - Thomsons staff will issue you with a card label with your name and cabin number soon after arrival, then your case will be whisked away to reappear at your cabin door.

No need to buy labels.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

We always put our own labels on our cases just in case the airline make a mistake. On our cruise this year, one couple never received their cases in Marmaris and only received them 5 days later in Cyprus. We felt so sorry for them as they only had the clothes they travelled in plus swimming gear they had taken in their hand luggage.

Thanks everyone.

When you use to get your ticket booklet there use to be luggage labels in the back. But like everything else now it seems to be print your own.

Thanks for the advice.

Was that P&O?

Thomson have always handed the labels out when you get to the embarkation port?

I add a label with my name, ship, departure port and date, just in case. I would not be adding my home address as I think it is an invitation for someone to visit :eek:

I do the same. I would worry about my case going away without it's destination airport and ship. I sometimes have home address inside the case, but not on any outside labels.

As print your own luggage labels do seem to be quite common these days with many cruise companies I found this firm which produces strong vinyl labels which you can put the paper ones inside and recycle. How they imagine the paper ones will survive transit from plane to ship or how you are meant to attach them short of a Blue Peter job, I don't know. But I sent for a couple of these and they appear to be pretty good. Time will tell!

www.thanetdirect.com