This time next week...

samjane92

We will be in Venice aboard the Ventura. Few questions:

Average bar bill for two weeks?

If airport shopping has to fit into hand luggage and when hand luggage gets weighed?

If you have to recollect luggage going home for it to be weighed or if it goes from cabin to UK airport?

What time bags have to be outside cabin night before for fly cruises?

We found on this itinerary we ate and drank a lot in the ports so our bill bill wasn't huge. Bottle of wine £20, few sodas and pre dinner maybe £30 each per night.

On BA if they are going to weigh your hand luggage they do it landside so your airport shopping is fine. Other carriers particularly low cost and charter are more likely to weigh it at the gate.

Q3 not sure as we booked our own flights.

Think it's supposed to be around 22:00 but we put ours out around 2am and they still go.

Thanks that's really helpful :) we are flying Thomson charter so people experience with that, particularly from Birmingham would be good :)

All the reports seem positive when discussing the flying element of these cruises. Very quick transfers and no luggage to carry.

The bar prices are much like a pub price in the UK and not a Central London one. Olly Smith house wines at about £13.00. I like a Billi Billi Shiraz at around £18.00 just been looking on line and it is £10.00 to buy there. So not a big mark up on retail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I flew a Thomas Cook charter from Gatwick

they did not weigh the hand luggage

on way home cases from outside cabin to UK airport

people were putting out cases from 6pm, I put mine out at 8pm

ps - if you fly scheduled you will have to collect your cases at the airport etc.

We've just returned from Ventura. If you're a beer drinker, there aren't many venues that do draught beer. You pay as much for a small can as you do for a pint of draught. We were lucky to get a wine package with our deal although that was split into red and white whereas we would have prefered just white. You can get a half litre of house wine for £9 which is quite drinkable.

What time bags have to be outside cabin night before for fly cruises?

Whatever time you like.

They do sweeps of all the corridors right through the night, as they don't want the hassle of dealing with customer who's bags haven't been collected by x time.