Paros and Kos

JVNYC

Any feedback on either of these islands/ports? I'm considering a cruise that hits these 2 spots. I've been to all the usual Greek cruise spots but not these 2.

Thanks for your info!

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve just returned from a 7 day Greek Isle cruise. One of the islands was Kos. The ships docks right in town and as you exit the ship there’s a tourist info kiosk. We asked them for a map and some beach suggestions. We decided on going to Mastichari beach, it was over an hour drive out of town but I don’t highly recommend. There’s lot of seaweed and there were lot of waves. There were plenty of deck chairs and umbrellas for hire and several restaurants. If you eat from the restaurant from where you rented the umbrellas then you don’t pay for rental. Friends from our dining table chose Paradise beach, and they were astonished how beautiful the beach was. Paradise is a longer drive out of town but I guess it’s worth it. We took a public bus to the beach. The buses run efficiently and are inexpensive. They run every 2 hours or so, make sure you have a timetable which you can get from the info kiosk too. The bus station is in the middle of the town and if you ask locals for direction they will be happy to help you. After our time at the beach we spent some time in town, which I found very cute. There are several old important buildings and a lot of shops. The stroll along the water is charming too.

In Kos, right next to the ship there were several boat companies that offers day trips to Bodrum Turkey for only Euro 10 each way and I believe the trip takes under an hour. Those who had been to Kos before and would like to do something different I think it would be a good idea. In order to go to Turkey you would need to take a passport with you. For day trippers no visa is required.