Accessible whale watching in Juneau

GrammyKati

Hello all, my DH can walk for a short distance and can climb a few stairs. On the cruise ship he will be using his scooter but we would like to see whales in Juneau. Harv & Marvs website suggest that he would not be a good fit for their tours. Does anyone else have ideas. He can go without his scooter if he doesn't have to walk far.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

We just did this tour last week. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user and they were very accommodating. They have a van with a lift and a ramp to the boat. It was a great trip and they do a really good job. We saw a lot of whales including several instances of " bubble net feeding" which was amazing. There was a naturalist on board and was very informative.

I booked with them direct and they emailed me the tickets.

Hello all, my DH can walk for a short distance and can climb a few stairs. On the cruise ship he will be using his scooter but we would like to see whales in Juneau. Harv & Marvs website suggest that he would not be a good fit for their tours. Does anyone else have ideas. He can go without his scooter if he doesn't have to walk far.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

We just returned late Saturday from the Golden Princess Alaskan cruise...we used Orca Enterprises in Juneau...they were so nice and very accessible. I use a wheelchair and my husband uses a rollator...they have an accessible van and they agreed to pick us up across the street from the pier in a parking lot...the pier area is private for the busses) they then drove us to their office about 2 blocks away so our son could check in for us...we were a party of 14...you get a discount if you have 10 or more.

They drove us to the ship there is a long pier with a steep ramp and then a ramp to get on the boat. No problem with my wheelchair...they even have a scooter to borrow that can take you to and from the boat (whcih my husband used)

They had water, juice, hot chocolate and crackers, smoked salmon and cheese for snacks.

The crew was great, wish we saw more whales (we saw Orca's) but it was not a great day for whale watching...no one on the ship saw a lot that day. We saw others on our own at the entrance to Glacier Bay.

I would recommend them if you have a mobility problem.

Arlene

Edited by Arlened236

We had a great time on Captain Larry's tour in late May of 2011. I use a wheelchair full time and his crew even knew to turn me around to roll me down the ramps. Lots of whales, orcas and seals on our trip. If it seems like a lousy day for sightings he'll start heading toward a secluded island to see if the bears are catching fish near the shore. Highly recommend this tour operator.