Enchantment- Good First Cruise?

Hey all!

Haven't been in these forums in years, since my 7 night Hurricane Sandy Enchantment cruise.

Basically, I went on the enchantment and didn't like it. It went to drydock 2 cruise after mine, it was through a hurricane, we missed coco cay, etc. But I want to give Royal a fair try in calm seas.

My friend on the other hand, has never cruised before and wants to come with me. The enchantment leaves close to her, so we booked the 4 night cruise to Nassau and Coco Cay with a sea day. She said she didn't want to be "trapped on a boat", but she did commit to try one sea day.

Will she enjoy it? I was looking at the upgrades and they are beautiful! Not the outdated green and old ship I left in November 2012!

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Future cruises:

•Carnival Glory- 11/22/14- Eastern Caribbean

•Enchantment of the Seas- 08/10/15- Bahamas

Past Cruises:

•Carnival Pride- 11/20/10- Bahamas

•Carnival Pride- 11/21/11- Bahamas

•Enchantment of the Seas- 11/17/12- Bahamas

•Carnival Glory- 08/10/13- Canada

•Carnival Glory- 11/24/14- Western Caribbean

•Carnival Freedom- 04/13/14- Western Caribbean

I will let you know on Monday! I am leaving on Friday on the Enchantment...Our last cruise was on the Liberty of the Seas....I have an Oceanview room....:)

Exactly what we booked! Thanks so much!

Future cruises:

Past Cruises:

We were on the Enchantment for the first time the first week of July. We had one of the POV rooms, on deck 8, which I think was added during the renovations.

We heard constant noise from all sides the entire trip and I hated the bathroom, but we knew it was only 4 nights, so we eventually just tuned the noise out.

Having said that, we actually loved the ship and we thought service was excellent. We have been on Freedom of the Seas twice, and prefer Enchantment over the Freedom. We are looking forward to cruising on Enchantment again, but will be more careful with our cabin location, possibly upgrading to a JS.

Edited by sandthrush

Just sent my boss on Enchantment for July 4th as her "starter" cruise, she loved it.

Personally I prefer to start people on the slightly older / slightly smaller but still great ships rather than starting at Oasis and seeing everything else as a downgrade after that.

A four day cruise on a ship the size of Enchantment is perfect for a first-time cruiser. My Sister-in-Law and Brother-in-Law and two other couples just took that cruise as their first. They LOVED it. My BIL wasn't sure he'd like cruising, but my SIL said that by the second day he was talking about taking a 7 day cruise!

I love the Enchantment. It is one of my favorite ships.

The crew is fabulous. It has the two outside pools, plus the solarium.

The Park Cafe is enjoyable.

I think for a first time cruise, it is a perfect choice.:D

For anyone that goes on the Enchantment, find my very favorite assistant waiter Alberto Rosario and tell him I miss him.:)

We had a great cruise on the Enchantment in March. Liked the Solarium and the Park Cafe. Enjoyed the Atrium music and Viking Crown.

We did some excursions in Nassau to make it a really good cruise. Went to the Melia resort on Cable Beach and also to the Blue Lagoon.

Have a fun cruise.

Just sent my boss on Enchantment for July 4th as her "starter" cruise, she loved it.

Personally I prefer to start people on the slightly older / slightly smaller but still great ships rather than starting at Oasis and seeing everything else as a downgrade after that.

That's what I said. She wanted to try the Carnival Sunshine to start with, but thought of the huge crowds, and said no. Then she wanted the Disney Dream, and then thought of the price, and she didn't want that either. So we ended up on the Enchantment. I do remember how much I loved the layout of the ship. Very beautiful ship to vacation on.

Thanks for your help!

Future cruises:

Past Cruises:

A four day cruise on a ship the size of Enchantment is perfect for a first-time cruiser. My Sister-in-Law and Brother-in-Law and two other couples just took that cruise as their first. They LOVED it. My BIL wasn't sure he'd like cruising, but my SIL said that by the second day he was talking about taking a 7 day cruise!

That's amazing! Thanks! She wants to do an Alaskan cruise, but I explained that a short little Caribbean cruise would help her understand the company and the industry better as a whole, and well get her some past guest rates. She's already talking now!

Future cruises:

Past Cruises:

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

The Enchantment 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great... We are booked in October and December...

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 5 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau... We have it booked again in 2014...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

myticker.jpg

Edited by SC_Floaters
Some Information Omitted.

Dennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

The Enchantment 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great... We are booked in October and December...

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 5 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau... We have it booked again in 2014...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

myticker.jpg

Thanks! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Nights on Carnival: 32 (7 booked)

Night on Royal Caribbean: 7 (4 booked)

I just booked the Enchantment tonight, so seeing this thread is kinda cool! It will be technically be my first royal cruise, because I had booked the Independence of the Seas for Jan 2106 a few months ago. But, this sale RCL is having is too hard to pass up, so I am squeezing in a Bday cruise on Enchantment! I am so excited because I haven't been to Nassau in years and I hear its really nice now, and excited for CocoCay. Also heard how awesome the renovations on this ship are. This will be such a fun cruise, let the countdown begin!