UK Princess sales

petlady7

Hi UK cruisers

If anybody could be so kind to post if they notice a sale on any Princess cruises , we live in France so my computer automatically goes to the european website in euros so I can not keep track of any sales in UK , we have booked for Hawaii in Feb and South America March 2016 , thank you :)

Are you only interested in Princesses direct email shots? If so I will try to remember to copy and paste them here for you.

Pj

Thanks Pjran , looking for anything in regards to Princess sales so are looking for any reductions on the cruises we have already booked , I think for February 2015 the sales would be this month some time normally but I cannot access the UK website , any info would be much appreciated , thank you

If you have 2 Princess cruises booked, are you on the roll calls for those cruises? Sales are often mentioned on roll calls. It does seem that many sales are for NEW bookings only. that would mean cancelling and rebooking. You can then lose any perks you may have had on the original booking. Sales are not always the best way to go. You need to figure pros and cons on any sale. Very difficult to do being outside the USA.

Hi UK cruisers

If anybody could be so kind to post if they notice a sale on any Princess cruises, we live in France so my computer automatically goes to the european website in euros so I can not keep track of any sales in UK , we have booked for Hawaii in Feb and South America March 2016 , thank you :)

We are in the same boat (literally) as we live on our yacht from April to September and it is very annoying not to be able to access the UK website as one cannot even see what cabins are available by doing a trial (false) booking.

I also find it annoying that the Wifi on Brittany Ferries always takes you to the US site.

As a result, I very much empathise with your situation and, I will make a note of posting if anything happens after I get back to the UK on September 15, though until then I am in the same boat as you.

One option you also have is to register with someone like CruiseKings, who will e-mail you all the deals Princess pass to them. I used to book with them but now book directly with Princess as, in the UK, there is no longer any financial incentive to use a TA and if you do you use one you then find it difficult to deal directly with Princess as they insist you contact them through the TA.

Kindest

Corfe Mixture

We are in the same boat (literally) as we live on our yacht from April to September and it is very annoying not to be able to access the UK website as one cannot even see what cabins are available by doing a trial (false) booking.

I also find it annoying that the Wifi on Brittany Ferries always takes you to the US site.

As a result, I very much empathise with your situation and, I will make a note of posting if anything happens after I get back to the UK on September 15, though until then I am in the same boat as you.

One option you also have is to register with someone like CruiseKings, who will e-mail you all the deals Princess pass to them. I used to book with them but now book directly with Princess as, in the UK, there is no longer any financial incentive to use a TA and if you do you use one you then find it difficult to deal directly with Princess as they insist you contact them through the TA.

Kindest

Corfe Mixture

Merci Corfe Mixture

I agree about the cabins too , in UK you can make a trial booking as you say and see exactly what cabins are left , I have someone on my Hawaii rollcall from UK and she has posted what cabins are still available for our cruise , it seemed about half are left in all catagories so hopefully a sale may happen soon , I just don't want to be the last to find out about it !!

I will look at Cruise kings now ,thank you

Wowee!!

I've found a solution to accessing the UK site from France.

Three have now included roaming in their data pay as you go deal and I have just put a 3month 3Gb throwaway SIM SIM card in my wife's iPad and guess what the IPad now brings up the UK site.

Conclusion:

If you use data roaming on a UK mobile, and companies are now beginning to throw this in the deals, you can use the 3/4G network you will appear to the site you are accessing to be in the UK. Obvious really when you think about it.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Hi All

If you are using Chrome - go to the App store and download "ZenMate" This app disguises where you are. Just set it to UK and you will be able to view UK sites. You can also set it to US and see their sites without being re-directed back. Remember to switch it off after use to revert your PC to how it was. Excellent also for viewing TV in other countries.

Hi All

If you are using Chrome - go to the App store and download "ZenMate" This app disguises where you are. Just set it to UK and you will be able to view UK sites. You can also set it to US and see their sites without being re-directed back. Remember to switch it off after use to revert your PC to how it was. Excellent also for viewing TV in other countries.

Thank you for the tip but I just downloaded Zenmate , it says I am accessing the Princess site via London but I am still getting the prices in euros and cannot make a false booking to check cabins etc:confused:

Thank you for the tip but I just downloaded Zenmate , it says I am accessing the Princess site via London but I am still getting the prices in euros and cannot make a false booking to check cabins etc:confused:

not sure what is happening here.

is Zenmate switched on and set to uk?

have you gone too http://www.princess.com/find/search.do?resType=C this being the uk site?

cannot think why this doesnt work for you. If you set Zenmate to US, do you see the US site priced in $?

One further point - make sure you are not logged into your Princess

not sure what is happening here.

is Zenmate switched on and set to uk?

have you gone too http://www.princess.com/find/search.do?resType=C this being the uk site?

cannot think why this doesnt work for you. If you set Zenmate to US, do you see the US site priced in $?

I changed it to US site and it does show dollars on the home page but all Princess sites at the moment are not showing me prices when looking at cruises , they are all saying to check back later or phone an agent

The home page seems to be for the UK site but prices come up in euros :confused:

I changed it to US site and it does show dollars on the home page but all Princess sites at the moment are not showing me prices when looking at cruises , they are all saying to check back later or phone an agent

The home page seems to be for the UK site but prices come up in euros :confused:

Hmmm. Looks like there may be a problem as it asks you to check back later, but UK site showing euro's is :confused: Have you tried clearing your cache then going to the site? Something is amiss, but what I dont know - not that tech savvy I'm afraid - maybe someone watching may be able to help

Hmmm. Looks like there may be a problem as it asks you to check back later, but UK site showing euro's is :confused: Have you tried clearing your cache then going to the site? Something is amiss, but what I dont know - not that tech savvy I'm afraid - maybe someone watching may be able to help

I'll keep checking , thanks , hopefully they are loading the sales onto the sites and that is why there are no prices , that would be nice , by the way where in Wales are you , I am from Porthcawl and my husband is from the Bridgend valleys