Upgrade to Emerald Aft Balcony (CB)?

1tequila

We have the opportunity to upgrade to a Category BB Aft Balcony on Emerald Deck. This looks like an interesting location, but would we hear noise from the club below? This is a triple cabin--does anyone know how the third bed is configured? We have to make a decision today. Any advice would be appreciated!

I've also heard great things about this particular group of cabins. I believe that some have said that they could hear some slight bass from the club but don't take my word for it. Hopefully those who have experienced this category first hand will speak up.

We were on the Emerald Deck in a mini-suite (729 in believe), the last side stateroom, the rear of the ship. The balconey was wonderful!!! It wrapped around to the back of the ship. We heard some noice from the lounge above mostly during the wooden horse races, could hear the cruise counselor's voice (forget his name, Graham??), but at night the lounge isn't used and didn't hear a thing, just the waves outside our balconey window AHHHHHHHHHH.

We had hoped for the same room for our cruise on the Star, October 9th but didn't get it. I had reserved a guarantee because that is how we got it the last time but we were put on the Dolphin deck category AA. Oh well, we will have to suffer with that :) Can't wait 60 days to go.

Beth

Thanks for all your replies. I've done some research, and I seems like I've made a good move! Maybe I'll record the sound of the ship's wake to play it back post-cruise. I've contacted my travel agent and told her I don't want upgraded out of this cabin. It's almost a fluke that it became available in the inventory three months before our cruise--I just grabbed it and hoped I had made the right move!

I'm sorry to say, we were on the Emerald deck mini suites on the Sapphire Princess, and the bass from club fusion below was pretty loud some nights. I actually called to complain and see if they had a different cabin, but the ship was full.

It may have been that ours just happened to be directly above a speaker, but I don't know for sure. It was E720.

After doing a search, it seems like you might hear some noise from the club if you are in an even-numbered cabin. I'm in an odd-numbered cabin, so hopefully all we'll hear is the ship's wake (and my husband's snoring!). Can anyone confirm this?

Archived