Timing on Disney Sales?

stan1541

We are finally at a point where I think our kids would enjoy a Disney Cruise. But with RCL offering 3/4 passengers free right now, its more than double the cost to go Disney. Does anyone know if Disney historically offers sales during a certain time period? I know they did like two days of Kids cruise free in May, did I miss the only sale of the year?

Thanks for the help.

We are finally at a point where I think our kids would enjoy a Disney Cruise. But with RCL offering 3/4 passengers free right now, its more than double the cost to go Disney. Does anyone know if Disney historically offers sales during a certain time period? I know they did like two days of Kids cruise free in May, did I miss the only sale of the year?

Thanks for the help.

Since introducing the last-minute restricted fares (*GT), DCL hasn't been running the Kids Sail Free offers so much. The restricted fares are available to everyone (not just those with kids) and more bookings are possible with them.

The *GT rates are offered on those cruises DCL deems aren't selling as well as they would like, so not available on all cruises. Generally they come out after the Paid in Full date for any given cruise. Sometimes they only show up for a few days before they disappear. You have to keep an eye on the DCL site for them, as they are not announced.

So, these are going to be 90 day out type sales?

Hard to say. Generally, they show up after the Paid in Full date. That can vary, depending on the cruise (length of cruise, start/end port). Rarely, they can show up before the PIF date.

I will point out, for the most part, while the *GT rates are typically lower than the prices currently being offered, they are higher than opening day prices.

VERY rarely these *GT rates have shown up as much as 6 months in advance. "Normal" for them is right after the start of the penalty period. On a 3/4/7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral, this is 75 days. On longer cruises or those with different ports, different dates apply.

As noted, DCL decides in advance how many cabins are available on these promotions. When they are gone, it's "too bad, so sad." Bottom line--you see it and you want it, you need to be ready to book it.