That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

We have only sailed Celebrity once, but thought that it was a very nice experience for a larger cruise ship. However there is really no comparison to Radisson in my opinion. The RSSC ships are much smaller with no long lines, the food is better especially at breakfast and lunch, there is no assigned seating at dinner, service is better, there are many more inclusives such as wine with dinner, and the cabins are larger and nicer unless you upgrade to a suit on Celebrity.

Is it possible that the infamous Newt is actually thinking about sailing Radisson??? icon_biggrin.gif

I've sailed Celebrity before and haven't sailed RSSC yet ... but looking forward to a more inclusive vacation, no assigned dining times, and possibly (probably?) better food.

Spleen

<A HREF="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm" TARGET=_blank>

time98.gif</A>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Hi,

Another Celebrity cross-over here! Am looking at the Navigator for January 2005. We were in a royal suite on the 12/29 Mecury adult only cruise. Had some of the worst service I've had anywhere. To top it off when I wrote Celebrity, they sent me a form letter!

Judy

Hello newt,

I can't believe you're over on this board!

Comparing Celebrity and Hal is like comparing a granny smith and a winesap, both apples.

Comparing Celebrity and Radisson is comparing apples to oranges. Both fruit but so different.

I have enjoyed all three lines, and I am booked to enjoy them in the future.(God willing) Give it a try. Then you'll know.

Take care,

Pat.

Be forewarned: many Celebrity devotees go through large ship withdrawal when trying RSSC. I did on an early-season Mariner cruise to Alaska. The "product" was great and everything was beautifully done by the staff and crew but I could hardly wait to get off the ship. The Mariner was half full and it was "lights out" by 10 PM. That said, I've been seriously looking at the Mariner Seward to Tokyo cruise but I'm afraid of being on a ghost ship. I'm begining to think that it is not possible to have both a small ship luxury cruise AND excitment. These seem to be mutually exclusive concepts.

Newtocc, go for Radisson. After our first Radisson cruise could not convince my husband to go back on Celebrity again other than because we had fully paid for a trip. But we are the quiet lights out after ten type so the fit was perfect. That said we are booked to go RCCL to Hawaii but then it is our favourite ship.

Newtocc,

Only you can decide if you are a "large ship person" or a "small ship person". My husband and I have decided after one RSSC that we'll never sail another mass market line. But, we aren't looking for crowded lounges at night. (We live near a large city and don't want that sort of "nightlife" on vacation.)

If the nightclubs are a highlight for you, you might be best off on a large ship. If, like us, you prefer better service, fewer lines, better food, better shore excursions, interesting lecturers, etc., go for RSSC. Either way, you'll enjoy your cruise the most if you choose the ship with the best "fit" for you and your family.

We sailed in a Royal Suite on Mercury in 2002 and last year in G level suite on SS Voyager. There was no comparison. The Voyager was outstanding. Mercury was a cruise factory that delivered an ok product but never made you feel special. Radisson made you feel special from the moment you stepped on the gangway.

Radisson every time for me - I wouldn't sail Celebrity again.

If cost is a factor, I'd rather sail twice on Celebrity than once on RSSC.

If time is a factor...Celebrity doesn't come close to the RSSC experience.

Order of preference: Gauguin, Voyager/Mariner, Navigator.

Bons Voyages!

-Joseph

Rotterdam V (2)

Nieuw Amsterdam (3)

Regent Rainbow

Noordam (2)

Crystal Harmony (3)

Veendam (3)

Sun Princess

Crystal Symphony

Sovereign of the Seas

Viking Serenade