Dinner / Food recommendations

kbalthaser66

Hello, we are flying in a day early (arriving around 5 pm) the night before our cruise the end of September. We are staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I would love some good recommendations for a good authentic Mexican dinner (reasonably priced dinner - say no higher than around $25pp).

• 2 weeks later...

Barrachina

104 Calle Fortaleza

Great food, moderate in pricing, nice staff and bar.:cool:

They do accept the Entertainment Book , I do not subscribe to that anymore though. But if youall do it will save quite a bit.

Darn my Flandarian is showing;)

Google their address and take taxi to get there. It does not get any better or more authentic that here. My wife and I went 2 years ago and we still talk about the place. Simple but fantastic. Its in the middle of a neighborhood, out of the city.

There are two very good, inexpensive local restaurants within walking distance of the Hampton Inn. Closest is Platos Rest. which is basically across the street and to the right of the hotel. The other is Mi Casita. This is located in a small strip mall to the left on the same sidewalk of the hotel, maybe a 5-7 minute walk. Barrachina is very good as well but, being in Old San Juan, it's a 20 min. cab ride from the hotel. Punto de Vista is also in OSJ, across from the pier and to the right. VERY casual (more like a bar with casual dinning than cassual dinning with a bar) but good food.

• 2 weeks later...