Two questions re: Group Cruising (sort of) HELP!

coolestwife

:confused: I just received a quote from an online t/a for a group cruise on the Victory and with the group, the cabins are automatic 2 category upgrade. My question is: are these guaranteed rooms with a possibility of further upgrades?

Also, this t/a said the initial deposit would be $100 per person with another $150 per person due 3-4 months after initial deposit (everywhere else its been $250 per person for initial deposit). Does this sound weird to anyone? I do have this in writing from them....

:confused: I just received a quote from an online t/a for a group cruise on the Victory and with the group, the cabins are automatic 2 category upgrade. My question is: are these guaranteed rooms with a possibility of further upgrades?

Also, this t/a said the initial deposit would be $100 per person with another $150 per person due 3-4 months after initial deposit (everywhere else its been $250 per person for initial deposit). Does this sound weird to anyone? I do have this in writing from them....

We had an initial deposit of $25pp with the balance due in Oct.!!! So $100 sounds Great!!!!

Sounds like a 2 cat. upgrade still leaves it open unless they put you in a cabin right then!!!

I don't know about the deposit part as I did pay $250 pp for mine, but I booked a 4A in a group (the T/A's group) and there was no extra special besides my really great deal. They did advertise a 2 cat. upgrade later, so I called and asked if that would apply to me. Her response was that their groups were usually upgraded like that anyway. Since about 63 days out, it's been showing through both methods, that I have a 4D which is a few decks up on the Verandah deck. It's at the front of the ship and higher up, so as far as motion goes, I'm not sure it was an upgrade, but I'm syill very happy with my booking. Would be thrilled if it got even better, but not holding my breathe. Did you use my T/A?

Hi willbecrusin! (soon you'll have to change it to willbecrusinagain :p )

I actually found a different online t/a that had GREAT prices and she is SUPER responsive (you know how i was having trouble b-4)

I hope the upgrade us to a cat 12....heeheehee :D (i know, I know, it'll never happen...one can dream.

Hey chucksta63......are you happy now that derf's back and you don't have to look up links for people anymore?:p

I'm glad you guys don't think the deposit thing is strange. I thought it was a great incentive for my group!

Hey chucksta63......are you happy now that derf's back and you don't have to look up links for people anymore?:p

I'm glad you guys don't think the deposit thing is strange. I thought it was a great incentive for my group!

What would we do with out the Derfman!!!!!!:eek:

Small Deposits are a great incentive!!!!!:D

Archived