New York hotel-parking-transfer

azureblue50

Please help, I am trying to sort out our pre cruise arrangements. I have not booked until I better understand which hotel to use and how to get to the port. We are looking at Jan. 4th 2015 NCL Breakaway sailing out of NY. There are 4 adults in our party driving 2 cars from Ohio. Since it is a 12 day cruise in the middle of winter and having no flight weight restriction I anticipate we will have 3 large suite cases plus carry-ons. We do not plan on sightseeing. I would like to merge easy with cost conscience and safety. It seems that staying in NY and parking at the pier is the easiest but also expensive. Or should we stay in NJ at a park and cruise hotel then arrange for a transfer. Using your rail system especially with this much luggage doesn’t seem doable. We have stayed at the Country Inn in Elizabeth NJ sailing out of Bayonne. We parked at the pier and like the convenience of no transfers. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Parking two cars at the Manhattan Cruiseport for 12 days will be $400/car, so $800 for that choice.

Trinityreservations.com has the Ramada Plaza at Newark Airport for $145 tax included with 14 days parking. You can call Independent driver - 888-816-0973 to get a reasonable quote to go into Manhattan as well as Dial7 and Carmellimo.

If it's $120 each way between Newark Airport and Manhattan, then your total cost is $530 versus $800 plus the cost of two rooms in a hotel somewhere.

Parking two cars at the Manhattan Cruiseport for 12 days will be $400/car, so $800 for that choice.

Trinityreservations.com has the Ramada Plaza at Newark Airport for $145 tax included with 14 days parking. You can call Independent driver - 888-816-0973 to get a reasonable quote to go into Manhattan as well as Dial7 and Carmellimo.

If it's $120 each way between Newark Airport and Manhattan, then your total cost is $530 versus $800 plus the cost of two rooms in a hotel somewhere.

Thanks so much for this reply. The Newark airport option sounds very easy, uncomplicated and just the suggestion I was looking for. I will check it out.