Westerdam - ??

:confused:Has the Westerdam undergone a recent renovation ?? Thought I read about that but can't find the info at the moment. Thanks.

Hi Hamburg Lady! Waving from here in Rochester. :)

The Westerdam had a dry dock earlier this year - April or thereabouts. It was mostly soft goods from what I have read - but I must say she looked pretty good when we sailed her in December. There seems to always be people who find faults with any ship but I guess we just don't see it.

In any event I hope you enjoy the ship if you choose to sail on it. We did it two years in a row and would have booked it again if not for the same itinerary. We have the Eurodam booked for this year but truly love the Westerdam and her lovely crew!

:) Thanks, Molly Anne -- we spent 30 days on her in Oct, 2012 and had a marvelous time. The food was excellent and the crew and overall atmosphere of the ship was a "HAPPY" one. It would be great to see some familiar faces of the crew we got acquainted with. It's a toss up between her, the Eurodam and the Noordam -- haven't tried those two -- am undecided as I have seen different experiences posted here even though the ships are under the HAL flag. :confused:

Edited by Hamburg Avon Lady

:) Thanks, Molly Anne -- we spent 30 days on her in Oct, 2012 and had a marvelous time. The food was excellent and the crew and overall atmosphere of the ship was a "HAPPY" one. It would be great to see some familiar faces of the crew we got acquainted with. It's a toss up between her, the Eurodam and the Noordam -- haven't tried those two -- am undecided as I have seen different experiences posted here even though the ships are under the HAL flag. :confused:

Yes the experiences we read about make us wonder if we were even on the same ship as other posters!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app