POA Guarantee Cabin Question

zookiebird

I have an obstructed ocean view guarantee cabin booked on the POA. In checking the deck plan it looks like they are all on deck 7. My reservation states category "OX", which are aft and appear to be obstruction free. Anybody know if this is correct and if so, can NCL change me at their option to an "OK" category? Although these are more mid-ship they definitely are obstructed views and would be less attractive to me. Not a big problem either way, just want to know what to expect. Of course, a no charge balcony upgrade wouldn't be too bad either! Thanks for your help.

I have an obstructed ocean view guarantee cabin booked on the POA. In checking the deck plan it looks like they are all on deck 7. My reservation states category "OX", which are aft and appear to be obstruction free. Anybody know if this is correct and if so, can NCL change me at their option to an "OK" category? Although these are more mid-ship they definitely are obstructed views and would be less attractive to me. Not a big problem either way, just want to know what to expect. Of course, a no charge balcony upgrade wouldn't be too bad either! Thanks for your help.

With an OX gty, you could get literally any oceanview cabin anywhere on the ship. Any deck, foward mid or aft. OX is considered the lowest oceanview category, so OK, OG, OF, etc would all be considered free upgrades. Of course there is a small chance you'll get a balcony; better not to hold your breathe, though.

Thanks Starry Eyes. This Hawiian cruise is going to be totally itinerary driven so as long as we have a clean bed, some decent food and drink and they don't make us row we should be OK. Aloha!!

In that case, you will be just fine. Some people get the idea, for example, they will definately be on deck 7, then they are upset if they are assigned instead on deck 4. Truth is most of us do not generally pick out ourfloor or room when booking hotels, yet we are happy enough. Same perhaps in your case, if POA is a floating hotel (no oars!) taking you to wonderful ports. Have a great time.

Just to make you see that it really can happen, we booked an OX gty and had been upgraded to a OK gty. Then when prices really started to drop last week--our cruise is Aug 16. I had travel agent call and see if they could do anything, and the offered us a BB balcony!!! on 8th floor! We were excited! I didn't think anything like that would ever happen! Thanks NCL! Good luck to you with the Upgrade fairy!

What is the earliest number of days that a gty room may be assigned? I don't sail POA until late Feb 15. Just eager!

It is really hard to know when you will be assigned a cabin. Dometimes NCL assigns some gty's very early (well before final payment). Most seem to be assigned after final payment. once in a whole somebody does not get an assignment until they get to the pier.

meanwhile, watch prices. maybe between now and your final payment, the price of you category (or a better) may drop. good luck

What is the earliest number of days that a gty room may be assigned?

I don't sail POA until late Feb 15. Just eager!

FYI...

We will be on the POA Jan.31, 2015.

Booked a Balcony-GTY (BX) in May.

Assigned a BD, Deck 9 a few weeks ago.

Good Luck !

Thanks all. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good room/possible upgrade. We will be off the ship most of the time but I will be happy if I can score something good!

You are completely correct about the POA Hawaii Cruise...you won't be on the ship much except to sleep and eat breakfast and dinner. The crossings from island to island occur at night, and the only time your cabin view becomes important is on the last day, during the sail-by of the Na Pali coast.

For the Na-Pali coast, you'll get a much better view from the observation and sun decks anyway.

With no sea days, this is one cruise where the ship is simply a floating hotel room.