Docking in Copenhagen

susansupergolfer

I have just read on a review that Eclipse now docks at a newly built pier for larger ships when in Copenhagen .Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not as the new dock is 6km from the centre and would require the use of a shuttle service or 1x per hour bus ?

This is correct, in my opinion not walkable, but then I am a little lazy.

Couldnt comment on it being 6Km, as my sense of distance is rubbish.

We docked end July on Eclipse so this is as up to date as it gets.

Shuttle was $12 and for me that would have been a bargain, but was on a trip! (Just guess I'm lazy)

They are still using Langelinie regularly for a number of cruise ships, and in fact Eclipse is due to use this berth on 27th August along with Emerald Princess, according to the "ships in port" feature on the port website.

Edited by terrierjohn

Go to the ports section and find Northern European ports. There is lots of discussion about this and "The Danish Viking" a local in CPH can answer any question. I was in CPH at the new pier and I consider all the ports in CPH "unwalkable" to the main center of town. Lots depends on if this is your final destination and you are taking lots of luggage or if this is just a stop and what kind of shape you are in.

CPH is a very walkable city and the Nyhavn Canal area is wonderful. The new port area Oceankaj is the farthest and that is where we docked. It was just opened in early May and I hope they have the kinks worked out by now. Because of this, it is important for you to get current and accurate info. Anyone telling you months old or years old info is likely to be wrong.

I guess it is fluctuating from cruise to cruise this year, as at the end of June we docked at Langelinie, however I read that cruise before ours was at the new pier.

For our cruise, Celebrity offered a shuttle however the cost was ridiculous ($18 pp). If you are able bodied, it was an easy and really nice walk into town and took about 20-25 minutes and you passed lots of nice sites along the way including Little Mermaid.

My Wife & I and another couple and their mom did a 11 Day British Isles cruise in May, 2014. We finished at Copenhagen on Friday, May 23, 2013. We were the last of 4 Ships to come back to port that day. We docked at the New port facility.

What an unpleasant experience. Over 12,000 Cruisers trying to get into Copenhagen that morning.

Since we were the last ship in and the furthest ship at the docks, We were the last to see busses/cabs into town (People with transfers to the Airport were fine).

We were about in the middle of departure and when we got into the terminal there was a wait of over 2 hours for a cab, so we got into the line for busses (Longer than the Cab line). We waited about an hour and a half, they finally started to get some of the double decker tour busses to come out from town to take us just into Copenhagen Center (You had to purchase a two day ticket each) (Fortuately our Hotel was just four block away)...

Would I do another cruise that ended in COPENHAGEN...

Only if I knew who else was going to arrive in port that day...

Dennis & Sue

myticker.jpg

On our Baltics cruise in late May on the Constellation we docked at Langelinie. Luck of the draw, I guess. We could see several cruise ships docked farther out at the new pier. We found it a pleasant walk past the Little Mermaid (almost covered by climbing tourists despite the keep off sign) through the park and into the center. There are a couple of places to stop along the way for coffee. We mastered the public transit system easily and took a bus back to the ship.

Betsy