Fishing Question

califyrman

If I were to go fishing on my Dec. 10 carnival spirit cruise. Where should I fish?This is a southern Mexican Riveria cruise. Please note that quantity of catching is more important than quality due to my 9 yr. old son. Also if you have any suggestions on what it will cost it would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

IMHO you can't go wrong in Cabo but December isn't the best month of the year.

I suggest you look up Minerva's in Cabo (link below). We've fished with her and her fleet and crew are top notch. You can email her with questions on the time you will be there and she'll get right back to you. She works a lot with cruisers.

Good fishing!

http://www.minervas.com/

Here's the deal..In Mazatlan the charter boats are a few blocks from the cruise boat terminal/dock..(BIG AL's etc). They like to leave EARLY!!! 5:30 or 6:00 or so. because the "pound" out to open ocean is a ways. Price of1/2 day is goin' to depend on size of boat and condition/glitz. Figure $500 US and up for something w/Cat diesels and 34' length. plus. Going with 6 people and 6 lines out, 2 cases of beer, plus nice lunch at sea for sails and marlin?? or 2 people in a 25 footer and catch a few whatever?? Rough seas a problem?? Then you'll want BIG..So you see, IT ALL DEPENDS!! Cabo San Lucas is similar; with open ocean "just around the corner" from their bay/docks for less of a "run" to fishing grounds usually. Here's my suggestion: Go to Barnes and Noble and buy an issue of a Big Game Fishing Magazine and hit the Internet for Charter web-sites to give you a "feel". Acapulco is not the spot that Cabo or Mazatlan is w/ a hefty "run" also to open ocean to boot. Money$$$ no object?? Cabo with a 40 footer and Catch a BIG ONE then let him go.. Catch and Release for Marlins and Sailfish is taking over thankfully.

Archived