Had a great week on the Divina

Inishmore

Although I have been a member, I have never written a review. I felt compelled to respond to some of the very negative reviews I read. My husband and I also sailed on the August 2nd sailing and LOVED every minute of it. Yes, dinner took a long time. We thought it was a dining experience, not poor service. Yes, many of the staff had difficulty understanding English. They also tried very hard. This difficulty would certainly not ruin my time. The bottom line is that the ship is stunning. The crew could not do enough for us. The shows were terrific and the Captain was one of the most personable and charming we have ever met. The only problem were the other passengers. Never have I heard such negativity. I just felt sorry for those people. As for me and my husband, we were on a beautiful ship for one week traveling to wonderful ports and being together. I felt pretty lucky.

Thank You for your comments degreen!! It's good to hear you had a good time aboard Divina. We love Captain Scala!! He really does care about his ship, his crew, and his passengers. As for the other passengers,,I think their negative attitude began before embarking the ship, and they just couldn't get past the problems that occurred in the terminal prior to boarding. It sounds like you were able to move beyond it and focus on having a good time!!!:)

If I'm not mistaken, Divina is returning to the Med for some add-ons to "Americanise" her which I would imagine are as a response to feedback from Americans. Things such as an omelette station and perhaps a grill poolside for cooking burgers fresh have been rumoured. However, nothing has been announced by MSC (quelle surprise!) so it's a wait & see. Considering they haven't yet disclosed the new layouts for the "Renaissance" refits on the Lirica Class ships which begins soon - it would be nice to have some info which would help with future booking considerations.

Oh my goodness. They can't possibly be thinking about putting ANYTHING more poolside! The place was a total zoo. That area alone will keep me paying extra for YC. When I saw the deck long line to check out towels and the overcrowding of deck chairs, tables, and wall to wall people I knew I would never get one of those fantastic balcony deals. I don't find that relaxing at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh my goodness. They can't possibly be thinking about putting ANYTHING more poolside! The place was a total zoo. That area alone will keep me paying extra for YC. When I saw the deck long line to check out towels and the overcrowding of deck chairs, tables, and wall to wall people I knew I would never get one of those fantastic balcony deals. I don't find that relaxing at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Resstation,,maybe they should think about putting loungers around the inside pool area instead of chairs if space permits, maybe this could help elevate some of the congestion around the Aqua Park. Either that, or make the Solarium on deck 18 free of charge, and keep it adult only.

Oh my goodness. They can't possibly be thinking about putting ANYTHING more poolside!

Personally, I can't imagine MSC adding a grill station - it will be interesting to see what they do change/add to cater more to the American market.