Inside Guaranty

flyboyswife

Have you ever booked an inside guaranty? If so, when did you get your cabin assignment and what did your get?

Booked this past Wednesday, 6 August, for a 17 August sailing. The only inside available was a guaranty...having never booked like this before, the suspense is killing me!! Going on the Pride out of Baltimore to the Bahamas.

Thanks in advance!!

Bummer, golfadj...pvp told me I'd stand a good chance at an outside. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

I wouldn't count on that! I booked an inside guarantee on a pack and go. They would not guarantee we would not get a 1A. I paid the $40 extra for at least a 4A. I got an inside next to a service area. Usually less desirable locations. You have to accept the good or bad.

We have an inside guarantee on our upcoming cruise on the Freedom, September 6, 2014. We received our cabin assignment 3 days ago, so like 32 days before sailing. We've been assigned an interior midship, Empress deck (deck 7)... it's better than I was expecting. Completely surrounded by other passenger cabins. We normally choose a room on Main/Upper/Riveria, whatever we can get for cheap. Decided to gamble because we were totally not planning to cruise this year, but couldn't pass up such a low rate for choosing guarantee.

I'm expecting the worse, but will be thrilled if we get something with natural light. We usually book a balcony, but this is last minute and DH is unable to come. Mommy is desperate to leave reality for 7 days, so DD (7) and I will just be happy to get away! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I wouldn't count on that! I booked an inside guarantee on a pack and go. They would not guarantee we would not get a 1A. I paid the $40 extra for at least a 4A. I got an inside next to a service area. Usually less desirable locations. You have to accept the good or bad.

I figure that guarantee cabins are leftovers that were not picked for a reason by those who paid extra to choose their own. There may be cases where guarantees would still be good cabins, such as if the cruise just didn't sell well and lots of good cabins remain, or passengers in good cabin locations were upgraded or upsold to even better cabins at the last minute.

I've never taken the gamble on a guarantee, but many cruisers swear by them.

Bummer, golfadj...pvp told me I'd stand a good chance at an outside. I guess I'll have to wait and see!

I definitely wouldn't count on anything but an inside room. We have booked inside guarantees several times. Use to, back in the day, we would be upgraded to an oceanview. That has not happened since around 2006 though. Since that time, every time we book a inside guarantee, we have gotten an inside cabin on the Riviera deck, the lowest floor.

As far as when assigned the room, it has been as far out as 522 days once to not knowing until we got to the pier.

You never know what you will get until you get it so why worry.

You paid for inside and at the very least you will get what you paid for.:)

I doubt that you'll get a 1A. They save a few of those rooms as teaser rates and get you to buy a better cabin. BUT the threat of a !A keeps a lot of folks from booking Guarantee. Unless you book late and get an assignment at the pier your chances of scoring a 4A or better is good. Ocean view or balcony? Dream on.

I doubt that you'll get a 1A. They save a few of those rooms as teaser rates and get you to buy a better cabin. BUT the threat of a !A keeps a lot of folks from booking Guarantee. Unless you book late and get an assignment at the pier your chances of scoring a 4A or better is good. Ocean view or balcony? Dream on.

We booked our first 4K (inside with french doors) G some months ago for a cruise next March.

Apparently they are sold out now and there are no o/v left but still no room assignment.

If there are no cancellations (haha) think we have a shot at getting some sort of balcony.

This is great info, thanks. I'm not worrying about it as one poster suggested. Just more curious than anything...part of the suspense and waiting for the cruise to start!

When my pvp held the reservation (24 hrs) there was the one inside guaranty left and several ocean views, balconies, and suites remaining. When I went to pay (ie within the hold period), the ship was completely sold out. She wasn't even sure if the system would take my payment for the held room (it did).

Even an upper/lower berth would work as my DD loves the upper bunk. I've got earplugs and Dramamine, so I'm set wherever we end up!! :D

I did inside in April on Freedom before it went in dry dock. I got my assignment 4 weeks prior to the trip. They give me a room on deck 6 foward. It was Handicap access. So I did have a little more space. I was happy with the room.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

This is great info, thanks. I'm not worrying about it as one poster suggested. Just more curious than anything...part of the suspense and waiting for the cruise to start!

When my pvp held the reservation (24 hrs) there was the one inside guaranty left and several ocean views, balconies, and suites remaining. When I went to pay (ie within the hold period), the ship was completely sold out. She wasn't even sure if the system would take my payment for the held room (it did).

Even an upper/lower berth would work as my DD loves the upper bunk. I've got earplugs and Dramamine, so I'm set wherever we end up!! :D

In February I booked a pack and go balcony on the Pride about 9-10 days before the cruise and got my room assignment at 3 days prior to the cruise. And, I was quite pleased with the 8D room, even though I knew when booking that I could possibly get a 7A (obstructed balcony). Just keep checking your cruse documents and it will magically appear one day. I think that the Pride guarantee room assigner waits till the last minute. Let us know how you fare.