New to MSC questions?

jennjess

As we are new to MSC I have many questions?

Firstly laundry, I like to get things washed onboard so that I don't have to bring home bags full of dirty clothes so is there a laundry package available at all? I have sailed with Holland America and the first thing I do is sign up for an unlimited laundry package, does MSC have something similar?

Secondly drinks packages. Are there no free drinks at all offered onboard?

We are not really alcohol drinkers so the drinks packages offered seem too expensive for us, are there other alternatives? It would be nice to have unlimited soft drinks, water, tea and coffee, does such a package exist?

If I recall correctly, the buffet has serve yourself drinks stations with juices and water and tea/coffee. Not sure what is available in the dining room. We had the Allegrisimo package last year so were usually ordering drinks that way.

There is a laundry package, but I don't remember the details.

Laundry package is 20 items for €25/$25 for normal service and 40 for express service.

Are you sailing on the Divina or another ship? All the fleet have a 24 hour beverage station with water, ice, tea and coffee. They also have juice at breakfast. In the MDR you only get juice, tea and coffee at breakfast. On the Divina, you get free iced water in MDr at any meal and I believe they may also serve tea or coffee.

Laundry package is 20 items for €25/$25 for normal service and 40 for express service.

Are you sailing on the Divina or another ship? All the fleet have a 24 hour beverage station with water, ice, tea and coffee. They also have juice at breakfast. In the MDR you only get juice, tea and coffee at breakfast. On the Divina, you get free iced water in MDr at any meal and I believe they may also serve tea or coffee.

No not the Divina, sailing the Eastern Med with MSC Orchestra.

The 20 laundry items for 25 euros can be done as many times as you wish? Or is it a one time offer?

No not the Divina, sailing the Eastern Med with MSC Orchestra.

The 20 laundry items for 25 euros can be done as many times as you wish? Or is it a one time offer?

I don't think there is anything to stop you each buying the laundry package. You don't need to send all 20 items at once. I usually spread it over 2 or 3 batches.

If you're on the Orchestra then no included drinks in MDR at lunch or dinner, just breakfast.

The European version of the Allegrissimo is just €23 per person per day. If you think that is expensive, then wait until you see the cost of buying drinks individually and the 15% charge on top. Then again if you are happy to go up to the buffet almost every time you want a drink and ok with tea, water or coffee then I guess you won't be spending enough to make the Allegrissimo work for you.

We will be sailing on the Divina this fall. What time can you board and when can you get into your stateroom?

Check-in usually begins around 11:00am, depending on when The Port Authority clears the ship, boarding will usually begin around noon but it can be later. Staterooms are usually ready once you board.