Queen Elizabeth balcony cabins

old fool

What is the difference in balcony cabins in the transition "corners". For example the difference between cabin numbers 6144, 6146. Cabin 6146 seems to be considerably larger as well as the associated balcony. Also, the shape and view of the balcony is different from 6144. Anyone have photos / information that show and explain this difference?

What is the difference in balcony cabins in the transition "corners". For example the difference between cabin numbers 6144, 6146. Cabin 6146 seems to be considerably larger as well as the associated balcony. Also, the shape and view of the balcony is different from 6144. Anyone have photos / information that show and explain this difference?
Hi old fool,

At the end of this set:

There are photos of 7119. I'm sorry that I've none of a standard balcony cabin on QE :( .

I loved the extra space in the cabin and the curved balcony offered great views; I could sit looking directly forward (in this case) along the side of the ship, as opposed to looking straight out to sea as normal.

Downside is that you've less privacy on a "corner" balcony than on a standard one (I could easily see onto the balcony of 7117, and they could see some of my balcony).

However I would have one of the following "corner" balconies 6146, 6151, 7098, 7119 without a moment's hesitation, I loved it :) (or 6049, 6052, 7034, 7035, 6090, 6095, 7056, 7077 if that was all that was available).

Hope this and the photos help :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Yes, 6146 has a slighter larger cabin area, and the corner balcony cabins are much sought after. If it is available you will not regret this choice.

Sorry I do not have a photo but if you search this board I am sure you will find some references to Pepper, who has a wonderful file of photos for the Cunard ships. These will not be in the too distant past.

In reply post 2 is a answer to question re larger cabin. Plus overlooking other balcony and being overlooked. Have quick read. It will assist.

Cheers.

Edited by sfb