Princess Excursions Bangkok/Beijing cruise

cruisinlivin

Hi All Princess Cruisers,

Have you cruised this Itinerary or one similar?

Did you do any Princess Excursions?

Would you share some of your favorite and not so favorite experiences?

I am having a hard time distinguishing what might be the most interesting and would love to hear your comments. :)

Thanks,

Cruisinlivin:

By far the best excursion IMHO, if it is offered, is the visit to Xi'An to visit the Terra Cotta warriors and to see more of Chinese culture in the interior of the country.

Althought it is rather expensive as it involves leaving the ship for a few days, it will be the experience of a lifetime.

Although we were not wild about Beijing itself (everything covered in sandy grit from a Mongolian Gobi Desert sandstorm), the visit to the Great Wall and the Summer Palace were worthwhile. My wife enjoyed a tour of the "hutongs" in Beijing proper.

We thought the Bund area of Shanghai was great - and we were able to dock close by with Regal Princess. I believe the larger ships dock farther out.

Bangkok is well worth an extended pre or post cruise stay.

Hi...

Do a search under my name "Crowsie." I've posted a couple of reviews for Asian ports..the most recent was just this March.

We loved Beijing (Palace and Great Wall), but the city is definitely crazy. Terra Cotta Warriors are a definite must and Shanghai is an amazing city.

Have a great trip.

Crowsie

Actually, this spring, the favorite Princess tour was to the Floating Market in Bangkok. Also enjoyed the elephant/cultural show on the way to the ship. Must say, however, that the pictures of the Grand Palace in Bangkok take up a good portion of our scrapbook.

Our Princess tours in Singapore were thrown together at the last minute due to a delay but the Orchid Garden at the Botanical Gardens was as real treat and Singapore Slings at Raffles Hotel at night, along with a trishaw ride, made for special memories.

Shimabara (?) Pennisula was interesting historically but the cherry blossoms were the overpowering feature.

Shanghai: the Old Town/somebody's garden and the new museum are not to be missed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived