Brilliance balconies???

kwazi07

For what it's worth, here is a picture taken one foggy/rainy morning from our deck 8 balcony [8654 on Radiance] showing the life boat cover and the extended balconies on the side cabins on 7 aft.

P1020568.jpg

Here's another showing the view when we were out to sea:

P1020479.jpg

The life boat cover was not a big deal to me, at least not on 8.

Isn't that a hoot, cause the front extended balconies do not have that difference from the edge.

Here is looking down from my railing

e7ate2up.jpg

Here is the clear glass

uhajagan.jpg

Here is a fair idea of the depth of the balacony a lounger will fit length wise. Grab them from deck 5.

a9u6evem.jpg

Besides hump or aft, forward and aft deck 7 are the most desirable, right? There are only a few humps left, so I think these will be good alternatives, especially the foward ones. Also, you can just grab a lounger from deck 5 and lug it up to your room?! Sweet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Besides hump or aft, forward and aft deck 7 are the most desirable, right? There are only a few humps left, so I think these will be good alternatives, especially the foward ones. Also, you can just grab a lounger from deck 5 and lug it up to your room?! Sweet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would just ask your room steward, then reward with a WOW envelope at the end of the week. Edited by FLACRUISER99

9256 is considered the best aft cabin std balcony room. Junior Suite sized balcony

Thank you for the picture. I'm excited but have quite a wait until Feb 2016. I wish it was a 7 night cruise but got a good price and good cabin so 5 nights will be fine. I'm from Michigan too - Sterling Heights. :)

• 1 month later...
That is considered a PRIMO cabin. :) (8088 is even better)

We just got back from a transatlantic and were in 8088 for two weeks. The location was really convenient and the balcony was huge, however, bands played every night in the Centrum until almost midnight. They were very loud and we could hear them as clearly as if we were sitting on Deck 4 so if you're not a night owl and are a light sleeper, you might not be happy with this cabin.

• 2 months later...

We sailed recently in cabin 7520. There were two balcony cabins forward of us, and probably at least ten aft, and none had the white wall that you mentioned. The ones in this area are great, large balconies.

Edited by ideastoday

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately early on my cruising days, I didn't research enough and ended up on the Jewel with a balcony cabin on deck 7. So excited I walked into the cabin up to the balcony, looked down and only saw the white ledge. I hated it and didn't enjoy that balcony at all. While the Radiance class is one of my favorites, I make sure I never select deck 7 EVER. I hate them so much, I often cannot select guarantee pricing if fear of getting stuck on Deck 7. Now I typically get a corner aft on 10, 9 or 8 (either JS or D1s)