Not fair customer service

leor18

Yet here we are, on page four, discussing an incident that probably never even happened.:confused:

But isn't it fun?:eek:

Exactly what I was thinking just before I got to your post. I have always understood that the best response to trolls is no response:D

Simple course of action create a buffer zone and for those who are very sensitive to tobacco smoke are put with other people in this situation or make one side of the ship smoking and the other side non-smoking.

Another option is to put a smoke detector on deck that is connected to Guest Services and the Bridge. They would go and see what is going on and notice cigarette butts in the cabin/balcony and fine the passenger.

I have serious asthma and would have contacted guest services the first time nicely and expected them to come to my balcony and check it out night 1 themselves....OP didn't say guest services showed up to check it out until day 5. On day 2 when it happened again, I would not have been as polite when I contacted guest services, ESPECIALLY if they didn't show up the first night. Each night after I would have been less and less friendly, and I would have expected to be compensated (the difference in price from an OV to a balcony) for not being able to use my balcony as well as any medical charges with the ship's doctor because Celebrity chose not to enforce their rules the first 5 days. However, if guest services did show up each night when they called and they just couldn't catch the sneaky SOB, I would have probably had a conversation with him myself and told him I was on to him and that I would get even in my own way....I'd probably out obnoxious him by standing on my balcony while he was smoking and making choking noises or speaking loudly about how obnoxious people are who deliberately break the rules or think they are so important the rules don't apply to them. (I have been known to go up to people who are double parked and ask for their autographs because they are clearly important if they don't have to follow the rules). Anyway, without knowing if the OP got any response from guest services nights 1 - 4 I think he is being judged way too harshly. If however, guest services did show up and couldn't catch the guy and did contact him about the complaint then, yes the OP is just being a baby.

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride