If you sail Celebrity and Princess....

elena7seas

We have cruised on both lines and find them very similar in most ways. Food is subjective so I never try to rate that ( learned that if it is too salty or whatever inform the staff and in the future it will be to your liking). Each line has different classifications for cabins. Princess has better storage, and if a mini suite all else becomes equal. For us the itinerary is the most important and additionally the perks. Example, Princess TA.s can discount, previous military service gives you additional monetary benefits. Celebrity has drink pkgs, etc, but benefits are not combineable.

We have found ship personnel to be great on both lines and either line will satisfy whatever you are looking for in a cruise.

Enjoy!

Princess TA's don't discount, they put you in Groups (available on X as well), and Celebrity offer's Military, Senior, Resident discounts on select sailings but for us, having a bev pkg promo that is worth $759 pp ($1518) is a much better deal

Princess TA's don't discount, they put you in Groups (available on X as well), and Celebrity offer's Military, Senior, Resident discounts on select sailings but for us, having a bev pkg promo that is worth $759 pp ($1518) is a much better deal

Celebrity Military, Senior and Resident discounts are far and few between. Celebrity Military discount does not compare to Princess' as Princess allows multiple discounts wheres, X does not.

I have examples of that in the past two years I have cruised on both X and Princess.

Yes, the X bev pkg promo is worth the $/person. However, X does raise the price on the cruise to cover most of that promo.

Dining room open for lunch on boarding day.

Fettucini Alfredo in a lace cheese basket the first evening.

Cold fruit soups.

Dessert soufflés.

Wine baked apples in buffet.

Beverage service in buffet, water, coffee, juice, lemonade, tea

International café has dark chocolate desserts, (ganache?), all free

IC has great salads (free)

Many public rooms and lounges (Vista Lounge, Wheelhouse, Crooners, Explorers, Wine Bar, and more).

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

Thanks to everyone for all your very helpful comments.

I like to find the best in every cruise line, and I thank everyone for their tips and suggestions.

We are looking forward to our trip now with even greater anticipation.

My seven-year-old granddaughter said to me yesterday, "Nana, can I take THREE dresses for formal nights?". She does love shipboard life! :D:D:D (I did tell her there were only two formal nights.)

Both are very good, celebrity I think has more of a French cuisine heritage where princess is more Italian.. Princess ships are built in Italy do most of there officers and engineers are Italian. Carnival now owns princess and there pizza is the same the best in the industry, imported flour and ingredients yummmmmyyy.. I never had a bad meal on either line do. Think your safe either way..