Recent Norwegian Traveler Looking For Carnival Tips

abr5000

I recently booked the Pride for my boyfriend and I leaving on August 31. This will be my 10th cruise but his first.

I haven't been on Carnival in many years, but I am excited because I have great memories of each of my trips. I have countless dusty 14K gold plastic ships on a stick...

My last few cruises have been on Norwegian. Love it too but I am ready for a change and think Carnival will be a fun time for us. At this point, I consider myself pretty well adept at Norwegian but am lacking on my Carnival knowledge.

So, what little tips and tricks would someone like me need to know? Anything I should prepare for? For example, on Norwegian, you should know that lunch is served as soon as your board in the MDR so you can miss the crazy buffet lunch crowd, you shouldn't miss the pretzel rolls....

Any help is much appreciated! I am hoping to wow my bf so he wants to keep cruising!

Thanks!!!

I recently booked the Pride for my boyfriend and I leaving on August 31. This will be my 10th cruise but his first.

I haven't been on Carnival in many years, but I am excited because I have great memories of each of my trips. I have countless dusty 14K gold plastic ships on a stick...

My last few cruises have been on Norwegian. Love it too but I am ready for a change and think Carnival will be a fun time for us. At this point, I consider myself pretty well adept at Norwegian but am lacking on my Carnival knowledge.

So, what little tips and tricks would someone like me need to know? Anything I should prepare for? For example, on Norwegian, you should know that lunch is served as soon as your board in the MDR so you can miss the crazy buffet lunch crowd, you shouldn't miss the pretzel rolls....

Any help is much appreciated! I am hoping to wow my bf so he wants to keep cruising!

Thanks!!!

If you dine in the steak house on the first night, you get a comp botlle of red or white wine.

I haven't been on the Pride, but I have been on 2 other Spirit class ships, and they are wonderful. The Serenity area is my favorite place to hang out. Also, this class of ship has some really nice interior areas, like the interior promenade, the upper promenade and the lounge on deck 1. I know you'll have a great time.

-Punchliner Comedy brunch in the MDR each day is normally not very busy and some tasty items on the menu (breakfast and lunch items). Comedian usually does 2 minutes worth of not-so-funny material.

-The gym showers on the Pride are huge, include several body jets and are very private with your own changing area and bench.

-Grab a drink and head to comedy shows 45 mins ahead of time to get a seat and just relax/chat until the show starts. (depending on your tastes skip the family comedy unless you have kids and/or prefer g rated humour).

Enjoy!

We will be on our 4th Pride cruise in September.

Edited by cdnmr

Based on my recent trip on NCL Pearl, you will find the food 100 times better on Carnival and the relaxing space on Carnival much more traveler friendly with lots of places to relax. We found that most of the free space on NCl was a for pay restaurant a lot of the time and you had to walk thru the restaurant area to get to your cabin or to get to the other side of the ship.

I think you'll find the food pretty comparable to NCL except for the buffet and steakhouse. In my opinion the buffet is way better on NCL but the MDR's are pretty much the same, again my opinion and everyone has one. As for the steakhouse on CCL it blew all competition away.

-Punchliner Comedy brunch in the MDR each day is normally not very busy and some tasty items on the menu (breakfast and lunch items). Comedian usually does 2 minutes worth of not-so-funny material.

It has been almost a year since they have had the Comedy Brunch. Now it is a 'Seaday Brunch'. Basically the same thing without the Comedians doing 2 minutes of not-so-funny material. Still very worthwhile, and you can go more than once in the same day - for breakfast and lunch. It it not a buffet and they have a nice menu. The Huevos Rancheros, Steak and Eggs, and Mac & Cheese all get good reviews. The cereal encrusted French toast is a bit weird.

Going from NCL to Carnival is a step up

I couldn't disagree more.

NCL Advantages:

-Better entertainment including actual lido deck bands. (no DJ's)

-Past guest program is much better

-More variety in the buffets and better food in the MDR

-More variety in specialty restaurants

All just my humble opinion of course! :p

You can bring on 2 bottles of wine free!! One per person. And Carnival doent nickle and dime u to death.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I think I am most excited for this :)