Dream Secrets - are there any??

ccxnola

On many of our past cruises on different cruise lines /ships, there are some 'tips' regarding special perks, passageways, doors to quiet places, and even secrets for the many bars on-board.

So...in a couple of weeks, we'll be on-board Dream for a week and it's a 'first' for us. Do you have any 'DREAM' secrets you wish to share?? Thanks!!

We loved going to deck 10 (Lido-forward) at night. Go out wooden door, go up some steps and you will be in a dark area above the bridge. Star gazing is great up there, but take a flashlight. Dark getting up the stairs and down again!!

I'll second that one.

Also, go out there on the last night of the cruise to watch the ship enter the Mississippi River.

Make sure you go to the pasta place up above the Lido Buffet on the aft end where Fish and Chips is on the Conquest class ships.

We loved going to deck 10 (Lido-forward) at night. Go out wooden door, go up some steps and you will be in a dark area above the bridge. Star gazing is great up there, but take a flashlight. Dark getting up the stairs and down again!!

Wow wish I had known about that. We were in a Spa balcony on Deck 12 and could see people up there, but couldn't figure out who they were or how to get out there.

No real secret, but Serenity deck and Serenity deck bar are where we spent every day. It's especially nice on port days when everybody leaves ship. Plus you don't get hit up every five minutes to buy a drink. The Serenity bar is just steps away and never crowded.

I'll second that one.

Also, go out there on the last night of the cruise to watch the ship enter the Mississippi River.

Make sure you go to the pasta place up above the Lido Buffet on the aft end where Fish and Chips is on the Conquest class ships.

I second the pasta bar at Lunch when it's free!!! I didnt go there until the last sea day on my last cruise, and wish I'd gone there more. It's definitely a winner. Also if you want an omlette, there usually wasn't much of a line at the aft of the buffet. People tended to only use the one at the front.

Also, I had really good bar service at the bar in the Ocean plaza...it was never crowded.

• 1 year later...

Replying to an old thread but Wife and I discovered a "secret" on the Dream.

While the spa/gym close at 10pm the sauna never closes. There is a "backdoor" at the end of the hall, starboard side of the spa deck. Go through that door after hours and you'll see doors for Ladies/Mens lockers and the glass door to the sauna on the right ....it doesnt lock.

I tried the men's locker door and it was indeed locked so couldn't do a late night steam but sauna was open and available (we were there after midnight).

Sssh. ;)

I second the pasta bar at Lunch when it's free!!!

It's always free on the Dream. The Dream only has Pasta Bella for lunch. It doesn't have the Cucino del Capitano, which is available for dinner on other ships for a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is the sauna free for anyone to use or are you supposed to have a spa pass to use it? Don't want to sneak in and use something I didn't pay for.

On deck 12, there are fancy saunas that are part of the Cloud 9 Spa that you would have to pay extra for, or be booked in a Cloud 9 Spa room. The only way into those rooms is by swiping a card. But on that same floor, there are free steam rooms, and what is labeled a "coed sauna". Those are fine for you to use. You'll see these on the deck plans. The extra-cost rooms are the Thalasso pool, the 2 steam bath rooms, and the 2 rooms with the weird names.