Balcony Guarantee

sdriver

So we booked a guarantee balcony, and we were assigned a room within the week. Still about two weeks from sailing and there are still approx. 8 spa balconies still available. Same ones, haven't been booked yet.

Is it possibly that Carnival will change our stateroom again before sailing? Or do they just leave the rooms "empty"??

So we booked a guarantee balcony, and we were assigned a room within the week. Still about two weeks from sailing and there are still approx. 8 spa balconies still available. Same ones, haven't been booked yet.

Is it possibly that Carnival will change our stateroom again before sailing? Or do they just leave the rooms "empty"??

Good question... I just booked a balcony guarantee that sails in about 12 days I wonder how soon I could be assigned a room?

Most times once assigned THAT is where your cabin will be.

they can and do change up til sailing. I often tell people NEVER give the luggage to the porter until they tell you the cabin number.

Those spa cabins will probably go as upsell cabins. Where they call certain people and want to upgrade you for a fee

That'll be your room unless another sale/promo comes up which allows you to change/upgrade again. We originally booked ES/Military or ES/PG rate having an assigned/picked our inside cabin. The pack-n-go promo came up 45 days before sailing, and we were able to upgrade to a guarantee balcony. On 30 days out, or 15 days later, we were assigned great rooms and locations. A week later another promo/sale came up for Past Guest (Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP only), and were got $420 OBC, but were put back into the BL guarantee pile. A few days later we had our assignments on a higher up deck, in another great location. A few days later several of those who were Platinum took advantage of another sale/promo, and were given a guarantee suite (had to give back OBC and pay $100 or so extra), and had their cabin assignments in a few hours.

The Spa and Suites had a large block of rooms open up until last week, and I can assume from playing around with the far viewer, they either dropped the prices low for people to take advantage of them, or like the others in our group, others were able to upgrade for minimum cost. Right now only one Spa room and two suites are available for our sailing this weekend.

Edited by sjcruiser

I'm in an OV with 25 empty balcony rooms. Hoping they'll let me step up for a small bribe.

make sure the agent marked your reservation that you are willing to take an upgrade.

keep checking prices.