50 and under Cruise lovers

seanquirke

Hi to everyone.

I was just wondering how many 50 and under cruisers, there are out there and which Cruise lines or ship's you choose.

The Mrs and I took a last minute trip 4 years ago from New York to Southampton on QM2 and we truly loved every moment of it. Since then we have done the same trip once again on QM2. Then we took a round trip from Southampton to the Caribbean on P&O's Azure. Our next was a 14 day round trip to Ireland, Iceland and Norway on P&O's Oriana. In Jan this year, we took the Queen Victoria across the Atlantic (through the biggest storm in many years, yes we were in the middle of the Atlantic being battered while you were home on Terra firma getting the same treatment) but it was all good. We then jumped ship onto Celebrity silhouette (truly amazing ship) to do a 7-day Caribbean cruise then flew home.

I prefer the round trip, as I'm a poor flyer.

We are now booked onto Oriana again in just over two weeks for a 14 day cruise of the Baltic’s.

As you can see, we are well and truly hooked. It would be nice to hear from similar aged like-minded people,

Thanks for reading

Edited by seanquirke

Hi there

I'm just under 50 and well and truly hooked from a young age

Done all the ships you've suggested plus a number if others

Now days predominantly royal Caribbean but next is Cunard and princess

Celebrity when price suits

Done too many cruises to remember now but 95 countries worth and god knows how many ports

Cruising is so cool and oh so addictive

Met my girl I'm proposing to on a cruise and proposing on one

So stick a fork in me

I'm done

Hope you enjoy many years of cruising to come

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check your Roll Call here on Cruisecritic. This is where you'll find others who will be on your cruise. You can ask each other questions, plan tours together, etc., via email. Then meet when you get on the ship!

You will find older people on cruises more then 7 days. Why? Often they are retired and/or can afford a longer cruise, don't have small kids at home and can take the time for more than 7 days.

Edited by Bonnie J.

I am 28 (hubby is 27)and have only seriously Considered Carnival,NCL and Royal and about embark on my 2nd Carnival voyage. We have considered quite a few other lines but agreed that at the moment certain lines are probably too 'old market' for us.

I only sail in the summer due to my job so its often a good time for younger folk on board. We did Baltics last year and are doing the Panama Canal this year. We are only really into longer voyages and have 5 cruise voyages that our on our must do list:

1) Baltics -Done!

2) Panama Canal - About to do in a few days

3) Eastern Med - Already done most of Europe on land holidays except Greece etc

4) Aus to Asia with Pacific island countries thrown in

5) Transatlantic - Will do this on Cunard most likely for the experience

I am also petrified of flying but I have to do it to travel I guess.

The ONLY reason I board a plane is if there's a cruise ship on the other end (or coming home of course :)).

DH and I started in our mid thirties, almost 5 years ago with Princess, which suits us quite nicely. DH is a social butterfly who will happily talk to anyone for hours on end. Neither one of us is much of a partier, so an older crowd isn't an issue for us.

By the time we hit the official 5 year anniversary of our cruising "career" (I wish it was an actual career), we will have completed 8 cruises, 5 Caribbean, 2 Transatlantics and 1 Mexican Riviera cruise.

As much as I enjoy being a Platinum Captain's Circle member (priorty embarkation:D:D:D), I cannot wait to hit Elite (free laundry, here I come ;)).

The ONLY reason I board a plane is if there's a cruise ship on the other end (or coming home of course :)).

DH and I started in our mid thirties, almost 5 years ago with Princess, which suits us quite nicely. DH is a social butterfly who will happily talk to anyone for hours on end. Neither one of us is much of a partier, so an older crowd isn't an issue for us.

By the time we hit the official 5 year anniversary of our cruising "career" (I wish it was an actual career), we will have completed 8 cruises, 5 Caribbean, 2 Transatlantics and 1 Mexican Riviera cruise.

As much as I enjoy being a Platinum Captain's Circle member (priorty embarkation:D:D:D), I cannot wait to hit Elite (free laundry, here I come ;)).

Not bad for first five years

Your really hooked

Sent from my iPhone using Forums