Bacardi Tour?

SeaWatch

Not really sure what kind of input you want but,..... I have not done it yet. We tried one year but it was during the San Sebastian festival so it was closed... we got to get up to the gates to the property but locked out :eek::mad:. We rode the Catano ferry across from San Juan for either $.75 or $1 each way and then had to wait for a few hours to come back because the lines were that long during the festival. Normally I hear it is way easier. I am going to do it this next time we are there. I do know that they give you a tour of the property and show videos of the process and then give you a couple of samples of any cocktail that has Bacardi Rum in it. For the price it is a good deal (free :eek::D)

The tour is actually pretty good. And every adult gets 2 free drinks with the tour, any they are NOT stingy with the pours. The gift shop also has some interesting Bacardi swag, though the prices aren't bargains they aren't bad either.

Yeah, I have done it in march on my own. I went on the ferry from Old Juan and took a taxi collecting people from a car park nearby bringing them to Bacardi. I think it was 1 Dollar for the ferry (round-trip) and

3 Dollars each way for the taxi. The tour was free and very nice.

I was just a little bit dissapointed because I thought you will go inside the factory, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Starting at the ferry terminal of Old Juan you should count about with 4 hours (waiting for ferry, taxi and start of your tour).

Yeah, I have done it in march on my own. I went on the ferry from Old Juan and took a taxi collecting people from a car park nearby bringing them to Bacardi. I think it was 1 Dollar for the ferry (round-trip) and

3 Dollars each way for the taxi. The tour was free and very nice.

I was just a little bit dissapointed because I thought you will go inside the factory, but it's still a nice thing to do.

Starting at the ferry terminal of Old Juan you should count about with 4 hours (waiting for ferry, taxi and start of your tour).

DIY sounds interesting - I will have to check the hours since we are in port 3-9pm.

Thanks to all who responded

It's a rip off as a ship's tour.

There are some great reviews of it on CC's sister site: www.tripadvisor.com

I agree, it's a rip off if you do it on a cruise day, but it's OK if you compare it to the normal bus transfer to the airport.

(RCI it was 18 US for the transfer and around 24 US for the trip with the Bacardi Tour)

My husband and I were thinking about doing this tour but I am wondering something ... We also want to see a few forts, how close are the forts from the factory?

Not very close; the forts are above the oldtown part of San Juan (in walkable distance if your ship is at the old pier).

The factory is on the other side of the bay; you'll need to take a ferry across !

But if your ship is at the oldtown pier and you have all day you can easily do both in one day (I did and my ship was at Pan American Pier).

You can do one in the morning, return to your ship for lunch and go out for the other in the afternoon.

Bacardi Factory (including transfer) about 4 hours.

Fort (El Morro) and oldtown about 3-4 hours

Not very close; the forts are above the oldtown part of San Juan (in walkable distance if your ship is at the old pier).

The factory is on the other side of the bay; you'll need to take a ferry across !

But if your ship is at the oldtown pier and you have all day you can easily do both in one day (I did and my ship was at Pan American Pier).

You can do one in the morning, return to your ship for lunch and go out for the other in the afternoon.

Bacardi Factory (including transfer) about 4 hours.

Fort (El Morro) and oldtown about 3-4 hours

Thanks!! That helps me plan my day!!!