Sea Pass Account

How much can you put on your sea pass account before they want you to pay it down? Last year I purchased our drink packages before the cruise, this year we are buying on board. If we leave a credit card number (whatever) will they automatically charge the packages to the account immediately? Or does it go on account to pay at the end? Is that too much to "charge" to your account? I'm asking because last time we charged do little to the account that we just paid in cash on the last night but this time it looks like there'll be a large charge and I wasn't sure how it is handled. Thank you!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How much can you put on your sea pass account before they want you to pay it down? Last year I purchased our drink packages before the cruise, this year we are buying on board. If we leave a credit card number (whatever) will they automatically charge the packages to the account immediately? Or does it go on account to pay at the end? Is that too much to "charge" to your account? I'm asking because last time we charged do little to the account that we just paid in cash on the last night but this time it looks like there'll be a large charge and I wasn't sure how it is handled. Thank you!

I have had them tell me we could charge $500 to a cash account, before they ask that it be payed down.

If you secure the onboard account with a credit card, they will charge it once, at the end of the cruise.

I have had them tell me we could charge $500 to a cash account, before they ask that it be payed down.

If you secure the onboard account with a credit card, they will charge it once, at the end of the cruise.

Thank you, that was what I was looking for. I guess if they charge it only once that would give me the opportunity to pay in cash or with a debit card also. I appreciate the reply!

Thank you, that was what I was looking for. I guess if they charge it only once that would give me the opportunity to pay in cash or with a debit card also. I appreciate the reply!
They will charge pending transactions during your cruise but will wait until the end of the cruise to finalize your account

They will charge pending transactions during your cruise but will wait until the end of the cruise to finalize your account

So they'll just put a hold of sorts on our credit card and then push the charge through at the end? Sorry, I am probably making this harder than it should be!

So they'll just put a hold of sorts on our credit card and then push the charge through at the end? Sorry, I am probably making this harder than it should be!

I've never seen any pending charges from Royal on the credit card until the day we get off the ship.

Edited by clarea

We had a large folio on our first cruise and it was simply paid from the registered card on the day of departure. I am not aware that there is a limit.

The limits being discussed involve an onboard account that does not have a card registered. Royal calls that a cash account.

The limits being discussed involve an onboard account that does not have a card registered. Royal calls that a cash account.

I think the OP said that was what they did last time and was enquiring if there was a limit after leaving a card. That is how I read it anyway.

I think the OP said that was what they did last time and was enquiring if there was a limit after leaving a card. That is how I read it anyway.

Don't know of any limit on an account secured with a credit card.

I've never seen any pending charges from Royal on the credit card until the day we get off the ship.
They always show up on my BOA RCI Visa with this footnote.

"A temporary authorization is an approved transaction that has not yet been posted to your account. The amount of the transaction has been deducted from your available credit. Normally, a temporary authorization converts into a posted transaction, but if the merchant doesn't complete the transaction it will expire and the temporary charges will be removed. A pending payment is a payment we have received from you and is in the process of posting to your account."

Edited by FLACRUISER99

"A temporary authorization is an approved transaction that has not yet been posted to your account. The amount of the transaction has been deducted from your available credit. Normally, a temporary authorization converts into a posted transaction, but if the merchant doesn't complete the transaction it will expire and the temporary charges will be removed. A pending payment is a payment we have received from you and is in the process of posting to your account."

Do you see more than one of those per cruise?

I see one pending charge that posts a few days after the end of the cruise, but I don't see more than one pending charge.

We always get these with BofA visa also

But then we do spend quite a large sum on every cruise

Edited by PompeySailor

Do you see more than one of those per cruise?

I see one pending charge that posts a few days after the end of the cruise, but I don't see more than one pending charge.

I see them when I check my account on the ship during the cruise. They do not post. Only the full amount posts on disembarkation day

I see them when I check my account on the ship during the cruise. They do not post. Only the full amount posts on disembarkation day

Thanks, I'll have to check while onboard next time. I've only looked on the day we get off, and anything that might have been pending has fallen off.