Shore Excursion - Best Price Guarantee. Success Rate?

saporro2004

Anyone have any luck submitting a best price guarantee claim for Carnival's shore excursions? I found one that was lower with about every other tour operator. Filled out the form, denied first due to no "transportation" noted in the tour. Then 2ndly because another link I sent for a different operator was their FB page - But it actually wasn't. They looked at the link wrong. I resubmitted the exact same information again, waiting to see if its denied.

Not sure if this is Carnival not looking at their forms in enough detail, or just denying for the sake of denying. The difference is about $55pp.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Anyone have any luck submitting a best price guarantee claim for Carnival's shore excursions? I found one that was lower with about every other tour operator. Filled out the form, denied first due to no "transportation" noted in the tour. Then 2ndly because another link I sent for a different operator was their FB page - But it actually wasn't. They looked at the link wrong. I resubmitted the exact same information again, waiting to see if its denied.

Not sure if this is Carnival not looking at their forms in enough detail, or just denying for the sake of denying. The difference is about $55pp.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I found one but Carnival's web site would not take the URL. I took the info with me on the ship and took it to the tour desk and they gave me the price match. The tour you are price matching too must have everything Carnival's gives or more to get the price match.

Same thing with mine - regarding the URL. I removed the space behind the URL and it submitted. I double checked prior to my second submission that everything was the same (length, location, food) - just incase. Still waiting on Carnival, they were pretty quick to deny the second time (within 30 mins of submission).

I have successfully received the shore excursion guarantee on a couple of excursions.

This was a few months ago, but...

I know I had some issues using the form getting the web address in. I think, in the end, I didn't cut/paste but actually typed in the address without the //http stuff.

I have successfully received the shore excursion guarantee on a couple of excursions.

This was a few months ago, but...

I know I had some issues using the form getting the web address in. I think, in the end, I didn't cut/paste but actually typed in the address without the //http stuff.

which ones worked, please share

Same thing with mine - regarding the URL. I removed the space behind the URL and it submitted. I double checked prior to my second submission that everything was the same (length, location, food) - just incase. Still waiting on Carnival, they were pretty quick to deny the second time (within 30 mins of submission).

Regarding quick denial, I imagine you were not the first to submit same.... they probably have compiled a list of sites of "Yes" and those "No" sites....

After my second denial, i replied to the email I received noting that the URL was not from Facebook. I recently received this email back (someone IS monitoring the email box).

"Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance. We are still receiving error message: THIS PROGRAM CANNOT DISPLAY THE WEBPAGE.

Certain international websites run script that our software cannot read."

I'm interested in what they mean by "our software"....but anyway - i replied and sent them a few Google links with that error message, pointing to the fact it might be a browser problem on their end and to please try clearing their cache or using a different browser. Lets see if I get another "sorry" email. I will happily cancel my excursion at that point.

I had luck with the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Martin. Saved $10 per person + the 10%. It was denied the first time but after calling they approved it.

Mine was denied because according to the response the private excusrsion was not available for booking at the time of my submission. I wonder if they even looked at the proper site.

What number did you call to get it approved?

Happy Ending! Just got this email from Carnival:

"

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Thank you for your patience. We are blocked from xxxxx on our computer systems, but we were able to access it via an iphone.

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim. We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will be credited shortly with 110% of the difference in price in the form of onboard credit of $69.50 per person.

Doesn’t it feel great to book your excursions knowing you got the best price?

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

"

So, moral of the story - if you think you were denied in error, simply reply to the automated email and a person will review your response.