Galveston Ecstasy Boarding Times

KaC-Cruiser

Has any one done the Ecstasy recently out of Galveston?? The tickets say boarding starts at 1:30, and I was wondering if they stick to that, or start boarding earlier ..... most of the other lines I've been on seem to start boarding earlier than they tell people ......

I would like to know this answer myself.Going on the Ecstasy in October and my 1st on Carnival.Would like to get an early start,but only if there is a good possibility of boarding early! Thanks,Dot

Airmanship .. Thanks!! I thought it would be earlier than they put on the ticket, but it's nice to have confirmation.

rlbissett .... considering what it's taken to put this trip together (and I'm still changing names on tickets and putting info together!) ... you might not want this job!!;) But I'm sure it will all be worth it once I get to sail away!!!:D

We arrived at the port in Galveston last week at 12:30 and were in our rooms by 2. Some of our group came at 11:00 and.... well, they were on by 12:30!
Jennifer your not getting away that easy.We want details,what was good what was bad.:)

Mini- review.

Everything was great! We did the 5 day/night Cozumel/Playa de Carmen trip. Had a room along the Aft and I was afraid of rocky seas and although there was some rocking, we didn't mind at all. Service, service, service. I felt like a queen and by the 3rd time the waiters came around the pool asking me if I wanted a cocktail at 10 am, I happily accepted! As a contrast, I stayed at the Sofitel hotel in Houston the night after and we had the worst service and experience ever. What a difference.

The best was the last night. Skies were clear and we had the most beautiful sunset over the Gulf I have ever seen. And dolphins started jumped up at the perfect moment. It was like a movie. Folks were real friendly and I enjoyed talking to whoever I met. The piano bar is the best and I spent a lot of time there requesting songs and singing along.

The food was above what I expected, except the breakfast buffet and room service breakfast wasn't so great. The dining room was exceptional and if you don't like something, send it back. All smiles from the staff and they will cut your children's steak and make them "toys" out of napkins and paper.

Speakiing of kids... our cruise was full of them and if I changed anything, it would be that. To be on a cruise with less kids, but it was the last week of summer for Texas and the kids were well behaved in the dining room. They just sort of took over all the pools and you could barely even get in to cool off. Carvnival should do an adults only pool (much like the adults only topless deck, which was nice and quiet). And we 4 kids in our group, so I am not complaining, I just wish there was an adults only pool like there is a kids only pool.

It was my first cruise, but certainly not my last. I am happy to answer any other questions! Have fun everyone and don't be scared of the morning bloody mary special! ;)

Yes, we did one excursion in Cozumel to Playa Mia. We had a group of 14 and it worked well. Some of us did the deluxe which included food and transportation and others did not. It worked out fine for all of us. The water and beach were lovely and we had a blast with all the water toys. Oh, and the drinks were way strong, be careful! :) We did not do an excursion in Calica/PDC. We took a taxi to 5th Avenue, the main shopping area and walked around, had lunch etc. There is access to bars and beaches from the 5th avenue and LOTS of shopping opportunities.

Archived