Carnival Magic - Spa Balcony Deck 11 or 12

zookeeper

Currently have a spa balcony cabin on deck 11 of the Magic for Nov 9. I see that cabins on Deck 12 are only going for $30 more than I paid with a military discount. Is it worth it to move to the 12th deck?

Also, does anyone know which side of the side will face the ports (Cozumel, Belize and Roatan)? Like to have my balcony on the shore-side, if possible.

Our first cruise on the Magic was in cabin 11249. Great location. Close to the stairwell and immediately below the spa/gym. But since we are not usually interested in spa services, it was not worth it to us to book a spa balcony. If you are going to make frequent use of the spa, then I would say yes . . go for the upgrade. Not much difference in fare.

Which side of the ship should you book on . . . that's a crap shoot. So many factors will determine which side of dock the ship will tie up to. In our history, more often than not in Cozumel, the ship docks with the port side facing the shore . . . downside is that there is almost always another ship docked between you and the shore. So your view of the shore may be limited from your cabin. Good views from the observation decks though.

In our two calls on Roatan, the ship backed into the dock - - again with the port side facing the shore. But I have seen photos with the opposite scenario.

Belize is a tender port. You will not dock. And you are anchored so far off shore that the view of the shoreline is not the best.

Hope this helps.

Currently have a spa balcony cabin on deck 11 of the Magic for Nov 9. I see that cabins on Deck 12 are only going for $30 more than I paid with a military discount. Is it worth it to move to the 12th deck?

Also, does anyone know which side of the side will face the ports (Cozumel, Belize and Roatan)? Like to have my balcony on the shore-side, if possible.

Don't know if this would make a difference but deck 12 balcony's don't have roofs & can get a lot of sun. I also read that a few of these balcony's get wet from the water works.

With that being said I have booked Cabin 12001 (all the way forward) for next year and can't wait :D

We prefer deck 12 for the spa balcony cabins. There is more foot traffic in the halls on 11 because there are cabins there that are not spa cabins. 12 is very quiet. We prefer a little bit of sun on the balcony so we can sun there rather than fight the chair hogs in Serenity and around the pools. We have had 12014 and 12016 and 11237 and liked the cabins on deck 12 better. DH liked that he could just walk to the end of the hall to get into the fitness center rather than go through the spa.