Unlimited Internet Explorer of the Seas- 9 Day

In January Explorer did not offer unlimited and wifi was not "pervasive".

Per Minute Rate is $0.75 per minute

Packages of bundled minutes:

$ 25.95 for 38 minutes (66 cents per minute)

$ 49.95 for 90 minutes (56 cents per minute)

$ 99.00 for 208 minutes (48 cents per minute)

$199.55 for 555 minutes (35 cents per minute)

$399.95 for 1666 minutes (25 cents per minute)

If you both have coupons you can use one for a flat rate credit at $0.75 per minute before using the 2nd for a package with the percentage discount.

Edited by InsideCruiser

Report here from July about unlimited internet on the Explorer.

"5-day sailing, and the stated price for unlimited WiFi is 99 for one device and 129 for two."

He posted the day of departure so it's not clear whether he was getting his info from the ship or not.

Edited by InsideCruiser

Report here from 9 night explorer sailing May 8th.

$189.95 - unlimited - one device

$229.95 - unlimited with two devices at any given time

Thanks, looks like the same pricing as on a 7 day cruise.

Sorry for the silly question, but what is pervasive wifi? Is there not wifi in each cabin? TIA...

When Royal originally put in WiFi in the ships, they only put the WiFi in about a half-dozen hotspots. As the ships go into drydock, they are putting WiFi everywhere - pervasive.

Anyone know where the hot spots are on Explorer?

There is a brochure in the Guest computer area with a diagram of the hotspots. It ill be places like Windjammer, Viking Crown, etc.

Anyone know what Allure may charge for unlimited WiFi on Allure for transatlantic cruises?

I'm thinking this will definitely be the biggest ancillary expense.

Since Allure has never been on a transatlantic revenue cruise, there is no experience. Figure more than the 7 day charge of $190.

There is a brochure in the Guest computer area with a diagram of the hotspots. It ill be places like Windjammer, Viking Crown, etc.

Since Allure has never been on a transatlantic revenue cruise, there is no experience. Figure more than the 7 day charge of $190.

Yeah, true. I should not have been so specific. We are booked on Allure's TA in 2015, but I just figured that she's sailed 14 days before somewhere....but maybe not.

Oasis will be doing the TA soon (maybe already did in April). I'll watch for threads on it after the fall.

I'm guessing $300, but it could be more.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where the hot spots are on Explorer?

When we are on the Explorer this past March, I know the library worked well (right below Royal Online). There are two desks in the back corners of the library and it was easy to get a connection and quiet if you have work to do (which I did) .

I also saw people with their tablets in the promenade..near the Cafe. I'm sure guest services will have a list of the hot spots.

When we are on the Explorer this past March, I know the library worked well (right below Royal Online). There are two desks in the back corners of the library and it was easy to get a connection and quiet if you have work to do (which I did) .

I also saw people with their tablets in the promenade..near the Cafe. I'm sure guest services will have a list of the hot spots.

That's great ! Our cabin is right down the hall from the library. Thank you for letting us know!

Yeah, true. I should not have been so specific. We are booked on Allure's TA in 2015, but I just figured that she's sailed 14 days before somewhere....but maybe not.

Oasis will be doing the TA soon (maybe already did in April). I'll watch for threads on it after the fall.

I'm guessing $300, but it could be more.

OASIS eastbound transatlantic first time as a revenue cruise 12 nights leaves on Sept 1. Should get some feedback shortly thereafter of even during that sailing.

I am on the westbound sailing in October so am curious myself.

Does Explorer of the Seas have the new, faster wifi (ship-wide)? Do they offer the unlimited package? Anyone know the cost of the unlimited WiFi for 9- Day?

Thanks

I am currently on the Explorer's 9 day cruise. Yes there is an unlimited internet package for $189. If you are diamond or emerald and have a discount, make sure you go to the front desk after signing up for the internet package to get your discount applied ....it does not happen automatic. The wifi is SLOW but yes it is there!

I am currently on the Explorer's 9 day cruise. Yes there is an unlimited internet package for $189. If you are diamond or emerald and have a discount, make sure you go to the front desk after signing up for the internet package to get your discount applied ....it does not happen automatic. The wifi is SLOW but yes it is there!

Did you have to initially sign up on their computer at RC online on deck 8 or were you able to use your own device in a hotspot area?

Thanks!