Tell me about St. Thomas

kelkel2

Where Carnival docks, is it your typical cruise ship dock with shops in the vicinity? What is outside of the area? I am not planning an excursion for this port because we really don't like to get up and going. We really just like to be on our time. I don't really want to take a taxi unless I have to. What's within walking distance of the port that would be fun to check out for the day? It doesn't have to be a beach. Any shopping? Any touristy stuff? Museums?

There is the Havensight Mall right at the dock with several jewelry, clothing, and other stores. There's also the Butterfly Farm that you can google for more info on.

Across the street are more places as well as the aerial tram to Paradise Point which overlooks the harbor. Nice views and a spot for lunch, you can usually purchase the tram tickets on the ship for about $18pp roundtrip. You can also taxi up.

Yacht Haven Grande is also by the dock and you can walk through there as well.

You can walk a mile into Charlotte Amalie if no mobility issues and the heat doesn't bother you. That's where the main shopping is as well as historic areas.

Just google these places to see if anything interests you.

No museums, but plenty of shops right now. If you like a party atmosphere, Senor Frogs is also at Havensight. I always have fun when I go, and even my non drinking friend had a blast. They have a nice pool you can use if you buy food or drinks.

Thanks!! We're probably going to do the beach in Grand Turk so maybe we will just shop and do Señor Frogs. Also I know it's a US territory so I think I'll check up on my cell phone there too and see how my Pug children are doing back home!