Was confirmed and now on a waitlist for excursion????

Poohjo

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on September 6 and booked our excursion for the Island of Roatan, Honduras months ago. It showed confirmed and now we are on a waitlist. How does that even happen? I get it if they cancel the excursion, but this is showing Waitlist. We've done this excursion before and loved it. It is for the Maya Key Private Island, Animal Sanctuary & Lunch.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Penny

Most likely the vendor reduced capacity for some reason. You should have gotten notified when it happened but they will not tell you why.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on September 6 and booked our excursion for the Island of Roatan, Honduras months ago. It showed confirmed and now we are on a waitlist. How does that even happen? I get it if they cancel the excursion, but this is showing Waitlist. We've done this excursion before and loved it. It is for the Maya Key Private Island, Animal Sanctuary & Lunch.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Penny

I'm on the same cruise, when I went to my cruise personalizer the Maya Key Private Island excursion isn't even being offered at the moment. Perhaps the original tour op bailed out and they're scrambling for a replacement, or trying to renegotiate with original op?

C.

We are cruising on the CB in March and this excursion is listed as available.

We have not been to Roatan and have not decided what to do there. What impressed you about this excursion?

I hope you will get back to confirmed status soon!

We are cruising on the CB in March and this excursion is listed as available.

We have not been to Roatan and have not decided what to do there. What impressed you about this excursion?

I hope you will get back to confirmed status soon!

We loved the quiet and seclusion of this excursion. They have a pool that you we just lived in for the entire time we were on this little island. You can go down to the beach and go in the ocean, however, we had heard alot about sand fleas on the beaches of Roatan and decided to just hang at the pool where there are lounge chairs. The whole pool area is sheltered by bushes. Every so often a plane would fly over us since it is close to the airport. It offered a nice buffet lunch and there were iguanas everywhere. Before heading back to the ship, we walked around the santuary to see the different birds and animals roaming. It was just beautiful. If they don't open this excursion back up, we will probably just hang on the ship.

Hope this helps make ur decision.

Penny

We loved the quiet and seclusion of this excursion. They have a pool that you we just lived in for the entire time we were on this little island. You can go down to the beach and go in the ocean, however, we had heard alot about sand fleas on the beaches of Roatan and decided to just hang at the pool where there are lounge chairs. The whole pool area is sheltered by bushes. Every so often a plane would fly over us since it is close to the airport. It offered a nice buffet lunch and there were iguanas everywhere. Before heading back to the ship, we walked around the santuary to see the different birds and animals roaming. It was just beautiful. If they don't open this excursion back up, we will probably just hang on the ship.

Penny

Did you contact Princess about your waitlisted excursion?

Penny

Thanks Penny! Sounds like it would be a great time. Hope you get back on the confirmed list soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Did you contact Princess about your waitlisted excursion?

Yes, just contacted them to see if it was completely cancelled or if we are just on a wait list since that is what reads on our booking and according to the rep I spoke with, this excursion is completely cancelled for our cruise which is such a bummer. I asked if there was a possibility of it opening back up and she stated that both times offered for this excursion have been cancelled so this excursion will not open for our cruise. I guess we need to look for something else to do while in Roatan.

Penny